Dead Sea Scrolls

Bell
Site Admin

Dead Sea Scrolls

Post by Bell »

This is another converted deck, since one of the things I must do first is make all the story NPCs and see what they are missing, just as I asked everyone else to do with their own decks. Suzanne's deck was easy at first, but the closer I got to the end, the harder the conversion became. Partly because I was so used to the previous balance of things in terms of what accelerated into what, and where acceleration itself was needed, and partly because it seemed to change the entire character.

Creatures (Water x 6, Gravity x 11, Earth x 9 - Total 26)
Madame Sharley x 3
Kilijoa x 3
Vibra x 4
Ghost Jellyfish x 4
Compost Bri x 3
Stag Gardener x 3
Mammoth Trumpeter x 3
Xiati, Brittle Breaker x 3

Spells (Lightning x 3, Gravity x 9 - Total 12)
Psychic Incite x 3
Wormhole x 2
Memory Loss x 3
Impel End x 4

Runes (Gravity x 2 - Total 2)
Toxin Matrix x 2

In the end I realized I was trying way too hard. The character can change completely, and the deck already contained the card that was the new equivalent of what was needed, without me even trying. It has the same purpose. To collect information about its opponent's deck and avoid ever losing too badly, but doesn't aim to win directly. It also has that same 'annoying' tendency to make me want to change cards in it randomly to suit the situation and meta. I'm glad it kept that though.

I expect a few revisions here for numbers and to find where to put in the Archaic Rumble or Wisteria before I consider it Advanced. It's a nice base though, tons of variation options. I especially want to try to fit in Violent Stampede as well as the big hitter, since Compost isn't necessarily always going to become a big hitter by itself, especially not if my progression gets stalled (or never starts). Balance changes to Compost, if any turn out to happen, are also definitely going to affect the flow.
In chats wrote:<Wedjat> Why is there no function for converting "antagonizing fools" into "delightful servants"?
<ri> you don't have access to defool.exe?
<Wedjat> It would be an illegal operation.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/