Sight Beyond Sight

Bell
Site Admin

Sight Beyond Sight

Post by Bell »

This is what happened when I tried to convert Remil Torren's deck to the new game. Needless to say it turned out quite different, and yet the balances stayed. I'm still working on precise methods of taking things forward, but for the time being, I am completely loving the devastation a Skyhunter Elisia can cause when people are expecting to face something much simpler.

Creatures (Fire x 6, Lightning x 16, Gravity x 2 - Total 24)
Sienna Startle x 3
Spotter Dragon x 3
Avant Garde x 2
Swift Peregrine x 4
Shinanigan x 4
Skyhunter Elisia x 4
Simur, King of the Air x 2
Indigo x 2

Spells (Fire x 2, Wind x 2, Radiance x 6, Lightning x 5, Gravity x 3 - Total 16)
Mark Arrow x 3
Full Sail x 2
Quickfire Sedative x 3
Energy Charge x 3
Psychic Incite x 2
Wormhole x 3

It plays almost exactly the same, after all, that was the goal, but that means it has a weak and sort of slow start, so an opponent aiming to stall it, but who starts faster, is at an advantage. What balances this somewhat is the amount of disruptive and otherwise troublesome abilities, and how strong Elisia can get suddenly. Indigo is in over From The Depths because at the moment, having enough creatures to actually finish things if they drag out too long is extremely important. The new balance makes it more likely that Shinanigan will last long enough to help out, but that will probably change soon when there are more creatures capable of attacking ready creatures.

Will track how much I can get done with this, especially considering the lack of raw powerups.
In chats wrote:<Wedjat> Why is there no function for converting "antagonizing fools" into "delightful servants"?
<ri> you don't have access to defool.exe?
<Wedjat> It would be an illegal operation.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
ZeroVash

Re: Sight Beyond Sight

Post by ZeroVash »

Quickfix Sparkmaster?
Bell
Site Admin

Re: Sight Beyond Sight

Post by Bell »

Changes to deck in first post were:

-1 Spotter Dragon (I really didn't want to do this actually but maybe 3 will be enough)
-1 Psychic Incite (wasn't that happy about this either honestly)
+2 Avant Garde (I need the progression, even though it seems strange considering where this deck came from, so in it goes)

Testing this for now.
In chats wrote:<Wedjat> Why is there no function for converting "antagonizing fools" into "delightful servants"?
<ri> you don't have access to defool.exe?
<Wedjat> It would be an illegal operation.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/