Heartsworn

This where Advanced players can post decks for rating and fixing.
Rin

Heartsworn

Post by Rin »

• Creatures - 15 Blockers, 16 Attackers, 29 Total
4 x Meryl Maid

4 x Parkour L

3 x Mesmera Cobra
2 x Togami, the Hitman

2 x Neptunia
3 x Kilijoa
4 x Delphi

4 x Black Tail Beluga

1 x Hypnautilus

2 x Citadel Coralline

• Other - 4 Responcers, 1 Rune, 11 Total
2 x Slipstream
4 x Heat Fissure
3 x From the Depths
1 x Psychic Incite

1 x Stealth Matrix

No longer assault. That always made my creatures so vulnerable to aggro. I'm content to build into a couple turns of unblockable attacks, while otherwise focused on keeping my creatures (and myself) alive. I can only make so many attackers unblockable anyway, so being blocker-heavy suits that. Overall mastery of 'blocking', you might even say.

Meryl Maid is stand-out for a 1-drop cost reducer, being able to pick its battles against weak or strong.

I don't have much use for a non-blocker 2-drop. Parkour, like Delphi, are compromises in initially-defensive field development, as investment for the eventual finish. Ikoro would be nice, even with minimal element synergy, but I have absolutely no space, unless it's in exchange for Neptunia if it's really that needed curve-wise.

Togami, such a cost-efficient (eventual) Damage 2 play, in a deck that largely leaves the enemy field alone. The Heat Fissure synergy is fortuitous.

I do feel some need to pro-actively neutralize enemy targets, but it doesn't go any further than 3 Mesmera. Again with fortuitous synergy with my other non-single cost-reduceable spell.

I fought to incorporate the Mesmera-Kilijoa combo. I just can't resist. Not the greatest tempo play, but the coverage it adds to the power limits of Neptunia/Black Tail, I dearly appreciate.

Neptunia's early field presence is exceptional, and it's likely to be able to serve as an unblockable attacker if I do find myself short. I do appreciate Ikoro a lot, but it's unlikely to apply to anything beyond Neptunia's capacity.

Delphi. I don't even know what I'd do without you. So crucial to a focused unblockable strategy.

Black Tail Beluga fills out the troublesome big-boy field presence, with Mesmera and Delphi synergy lending to its maximum copies.

Hypnautilus. How I mislike unfettered threats. A nice touch for a third Damage 2, even for its full cost.

Citadel Coralline. I'm pleased I got to include you, in spite of seeming too lacking in aggressive push. So helpful to push my power dominance (effectively 9000), so effective at protecting my other creatures. Togami helps justify this costly card not being my Damage 2.

Slipstream — I favor this over Kafan, now. I just can't abide the risk of a responcer leaving my creatures vulnerable.

Heat Fissure — just my speed. Cost-efficient, protects with insistent finality. Even serves as an effective 2-drop against an attack as a responcer, with a bit of a 'modest' curve, there, creature-wise.

From the Depths — beautiful when my hand is running out, and keeps my key players in the game. Three is a lot, but dependence on select unblockables is vulnerability to them being heavily removed.

Psychic Incite is my simple solution to responcers disrupting my terminus. And again, not hard to find good use for.

Stealth Matrix — fills out the win condition, without being solely relied upon. A valuable element of surprise, with my Parkour-Delphi win-con being so projected.

Ferocious defiance; devoted protection. Intensifying progression; shrewd negation — necessitated end.