4 - Madame Sharley
4 - Kilijoa
4 - Mirielle

4 - Morning Glory

3 - Air Cannon
3 - Hypothermia
2 - Hypnotic Sway
2 - From The Depths

I don't know why I didn't think of this before. I was trying to see whether I preferred Fandance Wyvern or Kafan Tara, and was leaning towards Fandance. Anyway I eventually thought 'why not Morning Glory', and realized I could get most of the cards/effects I liked to have, between Sharks and Sirens. Now, I still wouldn't say this is the 'way' for me, but I'm giving it a shot.

Mako and Kilijoa each gain special capability/threat when powered up, so that's a plus. Morning Glory can elevate the smaller unblockables to be immune against small threats, leaving Kilijoa to protect against 1 or 2 stronger creatures. Madame Sharley can tell if Kilijoa can be depended upon for otherwise risky offensive plays. Hypnotic Sway can make short work of the opponent with 1 or 2 Kilijoa out, plus set up for Jaws/Glory. Now, I'm not the best of friends with Snipe Rammar, especially with another Consume effect in From the Depths, but I'll have to see how it goes.
lmaotan

Re: Lure of the Deep

Post by lmaotan »

i feel 2x imperial blue will outdo 2x jaws in most situations tho.
jaws imo is like a card that takes too much effort to uphold , yet little returns. (bolzard dragon for example)
you dont really see the effect of that guy until he wins 2 - 3 battles.
but morning glory is cheap as hell

EDIT : oops sorry didnt see the shark theme there, i think you should use 2x imperial blue along side with jaws for more utility for this deck then? maybe -1 rammar and parkour for imperial blue
Rin

Post by Rin »

I was actually kind of dissatisfied with Morning Glory. It felt too 'unweildy', too much time and effort directed towards trying to build up. I think I'll stick with Fandance Wyvern.
Syrius

Post by Syrius »

lmaotan wrote:i feel 2x imperial blue will outdo 2x jaws in most situations tho.
jaws imo is like a card that takes too much effort to uphold , yet little returns. (bolzard dragon for example)
you dont really see the effect of that guy until he wins 2 - 3 battles.
but morning glory is cheap as hell
So, i was browsing through the forums when i saw the above. Now, I'm not trying to start a general argument in a deck topic, BUT I do have to express my disagrement. It did not seem as much pointed at this deck as said in a very general way. Jaws is a very useful card and not just to summon Sharks in the middle of the Attack Phase. Effort to uphold? he is a 6000 [damage 2], meaning it resists the big majority of power based destruction and stands up to just as many creatures as say...Imperial Blue for example (cheaper than Imperial as well). Also, as i understand, Water is the Element that benefits the most when it has cost reduction, so not only you will have other creatures to fight alongside Montblanc (say hi to Kafan Tara), but you will get it in play sooner rather than later, when the opponent is a bit less likely to be able to counter it instantly. Triggering his effect even once can make a substantial difference. The higher the skill level of both players, the bigger the difference. Not to mention that if you decide to put a bit more focus on him (as in make him the point of the deck or close to) then it will allow you to "mess around" a bit with your deckbuilding, allowing you to add situational singles and such.

Morning Glory is only cheap as hell in a deck containing more Earth. It does not offer as much power instantly as DM's Petrova and it requires quite a lot of effort put in building up creatures, especially if Great Vines is not one of the races on which the deck focuses.

I am sorry Rin that i do not have many suggestions to offer regarding the deck. Though 4 Snipe Rammars really feels like too much and you WILL be reluctant to use it very often. You have Montblanc anyway so i think you can safely drop to 3, maybe even 2. Fandance Wyvern does indeed seem like it can be very awesome in here, a lot of things would benefit from it. Perhaps some early Wind creature for Fandance cost reduction and maybe one that has [accelerate]? Also, you can consider No Sudden Moves, the newest Wind card.
I know you don't normally like this sort of thing, but (especially if you want to put a bit more accent on Montblanc) i think you can consider a couple of Steady Aims and Feeding Frenzy alongside your Hypnotic Sway.
I can't tell whether Imperial would be good here or not, idk.
Liesl wrote:turn my soul into muffin
In chat wrote: <Mika> ack my screen is filled with so much syriusness
<Syrius> like syriusly
<Mika> id say it should lighten up a little but your already a lightbulb