Set 2 Adjustment Considerations List

Moderator: Code Goddess

Bell
Site Admin

Set 2 Adjustment Considerations List

Post by Bell »

As you may have read, all cards with certain tags in set 2 are to be modified, but since I was asked quite a bit about the new set, we decided to see what happens if we just released them beforehand and let others test them.

Currently noted is that Riptide Reef is probably too powerful if the effect occurs once for each, so this is probably going to be changed. Expect a simple line on the card telling the player that the effect only takes place once. There is currently no automation and therefore no need to change any.

The current ruling for Runes is exactly this:

Runes may be attacked by any opposing creature, including those that cannot attack players (possibly temporary) during the attack phase.
If the creature has over 2000 power (possibly 1000 after testing or some other notable variation) the rune is damaged and must be destroyed OR the player can consume tempo equal to the cost of the Rune to return it to their hand instead.
You can block attacks on your Runes, and if you do, the Rune is not damaged.

The above system is intended to make Runes tactical to use since you cannot afford to simply toss them out early, however please discuss Rune systemics in this thread still.
In chats wrote:<Wedjat> Why is there no function for converting "antagonizing fools" into "delightful servants"?
<ri> you don't have access to defool.exe?
<Wedjat> It would be an illegal operation.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
mYsTeRiOuS

Re: Set 2 Adjustment Considerations List

Post by mYsTeRiOuS »

Riptide Reef is powerful, there are some duels that I won mainly because of it and there are others I would have lost if reef wasnt in play. Compared to its counterpart, Leon Paladi.. perhaps just reduce the effect to spells.
pheonix

Post by pheonix »

to just cres would be better
Micky

Post by Micky »

mYsTeRiOuS wrote:Riptide Reef is powerful, there are some duels that I won mainly because of it and there are others I would have lost if reef wasnt in play. Compared to its counterpart, Leon Paladi.. perhaps just reduce the effect to spells.
I believe the plan is to change it so that it doesn't stack. So it would just deplete once per turn.

Eventhough doing that makes it weaker than Nightmare Echo when it comes to disrupting the opponent during his turn, Reef would still work for when the opponent uses Responcers, making it harder for them to use a second responcer which can be pivotal. And its worth nothing you can always use both of them together.
mYsTeRiOuS

Post by mYsTeRiOuS »

Yep, now its balanced.
the_prince_of_light

Post by the_prince_of_light »

I propose changing the responcer cost of Victoria Gale, the gifted to 5 to make it's effect more useable and less predictable. This would also increase it's effectiveness with responcer support cards. (e.g. First Mate Valerie and Artillery officer.