Card Art Index

Moderator: Code Goddess

sid_07

Re: Card Art Index

Post by sid_07 »

How's this for a spell of abstract thought?
Last edited by sid_07 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
SID_07,DARK AVENGERS

MY OPPONENT MUST BE HAPPY,BUT VICTORY NEVER LASTS
ALL HAIL THE LIGHT BRINGER,THE LORD OF SPIRITS
sid_07

Post by sid_07 »

Queen of ice ?
SID_07,DARK AVENGERS

Rashaskool

Post by Rashaskool »

Is encrypted a stock images website or just a standard site? Either way, I thought we were running for original artworks?
Micky

Post by Micky »

Rashaskool wrote:Is encrypted a stock images website or just a standard site? Either way, I thought we were running for original artworks?
We kind of don't have a choice. Stock art tends to be mostly photographs or clip-artish digital art, its very rare that we would find some image that can directly be used as a card art and fit properly. Even the Deep thought art I posted above would need to be zoomed quite a bit or else it won't be clear, and the contrast would need to be increased.

So we would mostly be combining stock art with drawings and original digital arts, just like we have been doing so far.

Also the images posted by sid are just taken from google images, so they are not accepted. @Sid, for explanation read topic post.
sid_07

Post by sid_07 »

Tree Root Giant

Lady vampire, the evil killer

You have told handmade art now hows this,and please don't ignore them Micky please if you can't see the art quite clearly please have a look at it again,because I don't know how to enlarge the image.(I have tried a way but it's not working,tiw)
SID_07,DARK AVENGERS

ZeroVash

Post by ZeroVash »

Sid we cant see the images :/ Have you put the link from wherever you uploaded them in the image brackets?

It has to be something like this : [img]linkwhereyourimageis[/img]
Rashaskool

Post by Rashaskool »

opening those images just links me to my googlemail account.
lukasz

Post by lukasz »

3 Arts made by my friend

Thenarius

Post by Thenarius »

I have not seen an offer for the direction of individual card arts so I lend my own skillset to this.

I do not actually possess notable artistic skills at this point, although I am developing them.

Instead, I want to take up the task of writing up very detailed descriptions of card art as I "see" them. Each description would show an overall scene such that any artist who is able could make an attempt of drawing this scene. I can try to convey an overall style, but obviously it will differ in a number of ways, between artists and between Attributes, etc. All-in-all, though, the style is likely to be fairly whimsical where needed, with darker elements having their own touch of such.

Three examples I have:

Air Cannon: A cannon with a giddy face rather like that of the Clock in Beauty & The Beast on the muzzle. There is a fuse at the back of it, and it is pointing at a gargoyle-like creature with a shocked expression; it is clear that the impact of the cannon will send the gargoyle flying to the left side of the card where a football "goalpost" is set up, with a few bystanders taking notes of the scene on the sideline. It is a clear day in the 'stadium', and there is a slight windy effect overlaid upon the scene.

Cunning Wyvern: An anthropmorphic green-scaled dragon sits with her head in her right hand, tapping her talons on her face while she looks with an amused expression upon an enemy general, seated across from her at a table with a chess set upon it. A clock is in the center background, showing the time the game has taken -- which is very short. In the dragon's left claws is a white pawn, held over the enemy general's Black King. Few captures have happened, but the dragon most likely has the 'disadvantage' in pieces. There is some clutter in the scene around the sides. The dragon's tail is curled around her left leg and the leg of her chair; her right leg is crossed upon her lap.

Mirage Flight: The scene is of a large glacier overlooking an arctic sea with ice floes. The lighting is pale arctic morning light, which is 'distilled' slightly by a cold fog. A small-framed female girl sits upon the glacier, kicking her legs slightly and humming mischievously to herself and surveying the land. She spots an outside demon-like creature, a threat to her environment. It is a bulky and beastly thing, and spots her as well, roaring threateningly at her. Immediately, within a moment, she spreads large wings made of some icy thing (a very thin, see-through membrane with a crystalline arrangement) and takes flight from the glacier, appearing nearly instanteously in front of the threat with a humming sound. She brings with her the force of a strong wind through her spread wings, bearing down upon the creature. Her flight has left a trail of distorted "images" of her; her wings were as a prism, and so the trail consists of something similar to a shadow-clone effect, but each very very hazy and transparent. Because of her prismatic effect, the trail has a rainbow color to it.

If it's an idea anyone else is interested in...yay?
Wedjat Iaret, Ra no Omezu