Card Art Index

Moderator: Code Goddess

Micky

Card Art Index

Post by Micky »

Alright guys, so now its time to get to work! It had been decided that the base set for Circadia will be around 120 cards. That is 120 card arts that will need to be made and they have to be either original drawings or Photoshop render from stock art websites.

Here is an example of a stock images website http://www.sxc.hu/ . You can find more of these websites by googling "stock photos". I am aware that most of the images on these websites tend to be really sucky, but we have to make do. The reason we must use these rather than just googling images, or taking images from other card games/magazines etc, is because those have copyrights and can cause legal issues in the future.

The method most encouraged is drawing art, scanning/taking-a-photo-of-it, and then editing it in Photoshop if needed, and finding background elements from stock photo websites and making a complete art.

If for example you are good at drawing but don't photoshop and such, then we encourage you to make the drawing and post it here. From there on someone else who knows photoshop a little, like myself, can take over and finish it. There are 120 arts to be made, every single image counts!

One other thing to remember is that even though you cannot take art from google and other places, you can still take inspiration from them, or use them as a guide while drawing. That is completely legal, and we encourage it a lot since this way even people who aren't good at drawing (like myself :d) can make decent enough line drawings.

It is not necessary that you make a card art with an actual creature/spell and its effect in mind, you can always make one from your own imagination. But to get a general idea of what you will be making art for take a look at the info about Races in Circadia that Bell has posted. Other than creature art, we will also be needing plenty of art for Spell cards.

Please note, for now this is just about collecting the card arts. These arts will later be added to the template with power/cost etc.

Here is an example of a drawings made by Rashaskool:

If you need anymore information about the game or its elements to help you with your drawings, feel free to ask here or directly on chats.

Post any drawings or images that you have made in this topic so that we can keep track of them.

Any effort made on your part is greatly appreciated.

Card Art Index:

/////
Rashaskool

Re: Card Art Index

Post by Rashaskool »

I'm gradually working my way through a bunch. I'll be inking them on paper and colouring them on photoshop

So far:

Last edited by Rashaskool on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
(azeem)

Post by (azeem) »

looks good :)
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Nice art Rash :D
~Wἒɍἒῶѻᶅf

Deified Cupcake

Post by Deified Cupcake »

Werewolf wrote:there is a tiny lil problem, thats supposed to be Aethons, because Nephilims are giants and as bell stated (only crazy people try to ride), i doubt they'll need wings xD
Lol okay. It can be an Aethon then. Also, you mean the left leg of the creature? I didn't finish the foot on that. Myra cut it out.
Relinquished

Post by Relinquished »

And not everyone would likely be satisfied in the results.
sid_07

Post by sid_07 »

yes whatever its gonna take time.I have thoughts but I don't know how to edit photos like palas and you
SID_07,DARK AVENGERS

MY OPPONENT MUST BE HAPPY,BUT VICTORY NEVER LASTS
ALL HAIL THE LIGHT BRINGER,THE LORD OF SPIRITS
Rashaskool

Post by Rashaskool »

Syrius wanted the hawkmen to be tech guys.

Anyway, is clarification and to make shit easier to start with,

I will draw - Sky Pirates, Trolls, Falcons and Faeries if nobody objects.

That way we can get a bunch done and not worry about having arts for the same card as of yet.

I suggest that DC do Hawkmen, Golems, Marauders and one other race to start off with. As for colouring, DC, you can do it yourself on photoshop fairly simply. I just increase the opacity of my image and colour the background layer.
dorphadios1

Post by dorphadios1 »

I would do the drawings of creatures and would post here as soon as possible.What about if a have another civilization in circadis which is Spenex.Power of elements.How is that now?