Card Art Index

Moderator: Code Goddess

Mikara

Re: Card Art Index

Post by Mikara »

Thats cool Night master. Looks like you got the basic shapes down. Perhaps you could scan them and give them to Micky. He's pretty good with photoshop.
Night_Master

Post by Night_Master »

Mikara wrote:Thats cool Night master. Looks like you got the basic shapes down. Perhaps you could scan them and give them to Micky. He's pretty good with photoshop.
hmm,..
i think he is a bit busy lately.... didnt see him much around, neither in CF nor Kp(here)
ok i will pm them to him and send nudge him in CF chats.. :)
Returned from the land of the Dead to retrieve whats rightfully mine.
Rin

Post by Rin »

I need some feedback on some art possibilities. I don't want to end up wasting time doing them in Corel Draw.

Polyphonic Flo

The basic idea is coral pipes that make music/sounds, and in my vision, to move around as well (enough to block attacks, but not enough to attack). I gave him a silly looking face because that's all that came to mind. But it does fit with a face that's essentially like a mask, no moving parts. If you hate the face and have some alternative ideas, tell me.

Madame Sharley

I did this before I knew they were supposed to be mermaids, so I would add a curled up tail instead of the groovy dress thing going on (which I really liked. Maybe I could keep it with the tail). She has kind of a shadey look to her, with the jagged patterns covering her arms and torso. I hope it works. In my vision of her abilities, she communes with sea creatures to gain infomation from distant places, and perhaps even to attack (I would add creatures congregating around her). Leaving her generally resting immobile, thus the flowy-outy hair and passive posture. The blindfold is entirely unnecessary, but blindfolds are cool. Alternatively I could try glowing white eyes.

Edit:

DUN, DUNDUN DUN!!

Introducing, Shockwave Mako!

I figure I may as well assume it'll be accepted as it meets the conceptual specifications of the creature ('a mako shark making a sharp turn, including cavitation bubble') and I figure I did as good a job of it as can be hoped for.

Next up, Madame Sharley!

I completely reconceptualized her. I only went for a 'shady' look earlier because of what I thought sirens were supposed to be (what they originally were). I think I prefer this look. She'll be a nice blue with gaudy jewellery, scarf, and an absolutely fabulous tail!

Rin

Post by Rin »

I'm going to redo Shockwave Mako because I didn't optimize him for a small rectangle.

I've been spending a lot of time on my newer concept of Madame Sharley:
(I have to finish the shading and perhaps rework some proportions)

Image Image

Another one I'll be working on is Fandance Wyvern. Should I frame the body or show more of the wings? I lean towards the latter because the fan-like wings are a key part of the concept, and I think it gives more of a sense of mobility. On the other hand, the closeup emphasizes his neat pose.

Image Image
king_of_duel

Post by king_of_duel »

Nice art work Rin. Its looks really nice.
“Those who have courage and faith shall never perish in misery”
Rin

Post by Rin »

Thank you. :)

I've lost the initial drive to create these, so it will be slower now (I have a lot of stuff I should be doing).
Rin

Post by Rin »

I got into Fandance Wyvern.

I was told the coloration is 'reddish', so here you go.

For now I want people's feedback, outline or no outline? (Note that the 'no outline' isn't 100% shaded yet, CorelDraw is really picky about nodes.)

Also how's the posture? Is the left leg too loose, or is it a natural flying pose?

Outline:

No outline:

Last edited by Rin on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikara

Post by Mikara »

Hey rin your art is looking really great. I think I liked the madame sharley version with the long flowing colorful tale point outward rather than inward. As for fandance I really like it. I was wondering if you and micky teamed up he might be able to help you with making some cool backgrounds for your creatures. Thanks for the wonderful art I'm really enjoying it.
Rin

Post by Rin »

I changed Madame Sharley's tail cause I thought it would fit in a limited square better, but you're right, there's just as much space on the other side in the simulated card art. But I need more feedback on Sharley, you (maybe it was someone else) said it's unknown if my art could be used. If the concept is off or anything, I want to wait until I know for sure. (Now that I'm not driven to keep going regardless :oops: )

I was just thinking Micky might be able to do good clouds for Fandance. Though I might give the painting style a try, as it worked out well when I tried it with Mako.

That reminds me, what do people think of Fandance among clouds?

(Just a vague idea of clouds)

Hmm... his 'smallness' is kind of getting to me, I feel like I could make him better, as a 'dragon'.
Mikara

Post by Mikara »

I've been drawing a few concept pieces. I don't know how to use Photoshop but I thought it'd be cool share some of the images I had in mind Parli, Pudding Cup, and Humongous in order. https://imgur.com/a/TW7hB What do you all think?