Card-Design Discussion

Moderator: Code Goddess

Rashaskool

Re: Card-Design Discussion

Post by Rashaskool »

Nikhil wrote:This is what I had in mind for the upper part. I do not know whether the rules part is necessary and have not decided on how the bottom part looks best.

It would be even better if you had any idea what you were doing.
Burner

Post by Burner »

I figure having uniform colors for creatures makes more sense considering how many different colors we have now.

I'll have a spell done soon.

Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

I like this one a lot. Looks like a professional card.
Steven Erikson wrote:All too often in fantasy fiction we’re stuck with the rulers, the leaders, and we see their machinations in a generalised sense of victory and loss, even good and evil. Until Glen Cook, we rarely saw the brutal consequences of all these toffs vying for dominance. When approaching our own novels, we wanted to emulate Cook’s ground-up approach, covering the entire social strata from the lowly street urchin to the gods and everyone in between.
Micky

Post by Micky »

Burner wrote:I figure having uniform colors for creatures makes more sense considering how many different colors we have now.

I'll have a spell done soon.

I find the triangle behind the Ice logo a bit annoying, it doesn't settle in easily for me. The cost number has this sideways triangle, which I don't see the point in having. If its a styling thing, then It should be centered in the area above the image, i.e a little higher. Also even though it looks "okay" with cost 7, I think it'll look really awkward with a number like 6 or 4. Other than that the card name text isn't as clear and easy to read as it should be, it should at least be as big as the Quadrant/Attribute and Race text if not bigger.
Rashaskool

Post by Rashaskool »

I disagree with you, Micky, on nearly every point. I absolutely love this design and feel that we're moving in a positive direction. The only things I really agree with are the name text and the tiny white triangle next to the cost.
Micky

Post by Micky »

Rashaskool wrote:I disagree with you, Micky, on nearly every point. I absolutely love this design and feel that we're moving in a positive direction. The only things I really agree with are the name text and the tiny white triangle next to the cost.
Dude, its not really "disagreeing on nearly every point" when you are agreeing with 2 of the 3 things I said.
Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

Micky wrote:
Rashaskool wrote:I disagree with you, Micky, on nearly every point. I absolutely love this design and feel that we're moving in a positive direction. The only things I really agree with are the name text and the tiny white triangle next to the cost.
Dude, its not really "disagreeing on nearly every point" when you are agreeing with 2 of the 3 things I said.
I agree with the name text only. I like that small triangle next to cost.
And Micky no need to jump so much at fonts. A proper font can be agreed upon later. It is possible Burner is using it temporarily.
Steven Erikson wrote:All too often in fantasy fiction we’re stuck with the rulers, the leaders, and we see their machinations in a generalised sense of victory and loss, even good and evil. Until Glen Cook, we rarely saw the brutal consequences of all these toffs vying for dominance. When approaching our own novels, we wanted to emulate Cook’s ground-up approach, covering the entire social strata from the lowly street urchin to the gods and everyone in between.
Micky

Post by Micky »

Nikhil wrote:
Micky wrote:
I agree with the name text only. I like that small triangle next to cost.
And Micky no need to jump so much at fonts. A proper font can be agreed upon later. It is possible Burner is using it temporarily.
As for the font of the cost number, I don't dislike that at all. I was pointing out that other numbers would look awkward when but along side the triangle and that the 7 is looking "okay" because of the correlating shape it has with the triangle.

I didn't even say anything about the fonts, I like the fonts. I said it needs to be 'bigger' so that its clear and easy to read. Please get your facts straight before telling me what I should and shouldn't do.
Rashaskool

Post by Rashaskool »

Yeah I wrote the first part. Realized i agreed one some and then added that. But yeah.
Max-Generation-X

Post by Max-Generation-X »

That card's background should be in a forest or something, @ first page.