Card-Design Discussion

Moderator: Code Goddess

Rashaskool

Re: Card-Design Discussion

Post by Rashaskool »

I want all of the arts to be original eventually and will be working towards that goal. To this end, any fabricated arts should be placeholders. and dont worry, that doesnt set the standard for my arts lol, I'll get better as I go along, and those other talented individuals will also produce fine works :3
Micky

Post by Micky »

Rashaskool wrote:I want all of the arts to be original eventually and will be working towards that goal. To this end, any fabricated arts should be placeholders. and dont worry, that doesnt set the standard for my arts lol, I'll get better as I go along, and those other talented individuals will also produce fine works :3
I personally really like Rahja's art, hehe
the whole master

Post by the whole master »

Now seriously, who the hell cares how the art looks? If Gonta's picture was a stinky big brown shit, I would still use the card.

They all put a big effort on it, and Lin is right, we are ordinary dudes, not super mega hyper designers.

I would help too, but dunno with what...
_I_
Rashaskool

Post by Rashaskool »

Before you get stroppy about the art, check this dude out

Glacian, The Self Destructive

Bell
Site Admin

Post by Bell »

Actually, I have full confidence that if people put their time into it, we will get what I consider to be really good art, even if it has less extreme detail in styles.

The main issue really is actually the time it takes for people to produce really good quality art, and secondly, the willingness of people to try. Thirdly, the willingness of people to redraw their old designs as they get better, or their feelings when someone else with a different perspective or greater skill, redraws the same card.

If we can be patient and respectful of everyone's effort (and I hope to find a way to finally let one card have multiple arts available easily through KP), I know we can have really great art of all kinds, it just takes time, and I know that people are anxious to play.

I only hope that anxious to play doesn't also mean 'impatience for a standard of work that takes even professionals years to do'.
In chats wrote:<Wedjat> Why is there no function for converting "antagonizing fools" into "delightful servants"?
<ri> you don't have access to defool.exe?
<Wedjat> It would be an illegal operation.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
ZeroVash

Post by ZeroVash »

This arts are awesome! Two amazing works made by Rashaskool.

Guys we are not professional as Lin said... we are priveligiated by having some people who want to draw for us. Just accept it and start cheering for them --'

Or if you can do better then start doing it. Otherwise Shut up.
Burner

Post by Burner »

I need to work on the font and design a bit more but...

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Well, i was never targeting the art, but the layout...
The one burner gave is pretty cool...

Here's a sketch of what i had in mind :
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (18.69 KiB) Viewed 65888 times
first, its not computer generated so the shading is crappy and secondly, its kinda tribal

and C is for the Circadia logo... couldn't remember it so made it like this, Mick..
~Wἒɍἒῶѻᶅf

Micky

Post by Micky »

Burner wrote:I need to work on the font and design a bit more but...

Interesting, I like the logo, its big a clear, and obvious. I however don't like the title font size, its too small, these are almost always maximized according to name length so that they can be read clearly.

The other issue I have with it is the top thingy submerging with the art itself. In this case it is somehow looking "okay" but we will have all sorts of different arts with different color schemes which won't blend like this with the art. You see what I mean right? The art frame is not clearly defined.
Picture.jpg
first, its not computer generated so the shading is crappy and secondly, its kinda tribal

and C is for the Circadia logo... couldn't remember it so made it like this, Mick..[/quote]

I don't see the point of having a Circadia logo, as technically you would have one on the card back. I however really like how you've placed the element logo. The power placement is still a preference thing, but regardless it definitely needs to be bigger than that so that it is clear when the creature is in KP conflict area.

Other than that I have the same issue with this that I had with Rijato's art, the art frame is not defined. The tribal lines are overlapping the art from the left side. We cannot at this point expect people to make and position the focus of their art away from these areas, and covering important art detail is self loss.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

okay... but look at the upper mana/tempo cost circle, u could use that :3
~Wἒɍἒῶѻᶅf