Re: Card-Design Discussion

Post by Max-Generation-X »

And why the hell is it called Troll... O.o
Doesn't really make sense lol.
Max-Generation-X

Micky wrote:Image_______Image

Currently working on these templates. Personally I like this template design better than the previous ones.

The main issue with this is that a lot of detail is lost. For example you can't see Rahja's weapon completely, and you can't see the complete cabin of the flying ship Lindsay is on.

On the other hand, the advantage of this is that what you can see is much more clearer, and allows you to see details (ones that fit the frame) that would normally go un-noticed.

Thoughts?
Gonna have to reduce the art size and place a small box for the text imo unless you can have a text box which is visible with the art.
Max-Generation-X

Burner wrote:Card Design version 2.

Note: The art does not belong to me and I will take it down per the artist's request.
This looks good :)
War Dragon Master

Post by War Dragon Master »

I think Balamar is very costly make its cost 7 or maybe 6 coz when bomby came up it had 2 more effects which wud have depleted its cost to 5 so I did prefer its cost to be 6(coz bomby was a mixed civ creature)
Relinquished

Post by Relinquished »

Remember that by only having 1 Fire monster out in the conflict, Balamar costs 1 less to summon. If you have 3 fire monsters in the conflict, it only costs 4. It's not overcostly, in my opinion, it should cost at least 8. And referring to Bombazar, its original ability was far too overpowered and broken. Why do you think that it was banned?

Also, remember that this is not Duel Masters.
War Dragon Master

Post by War Dragon Master »

Max-Generation-X wrote:
Burner wrote:Card Design version 2.

Note: The art does not belong to me and I will take it down per the artist's request.
This looks good :)
I dun see that on balamar's text........
Relinquished

Post by Relinquished »

Of course you don't, because the same thing goes with every creature in the game, so it's not needed to be written down.
Rin

Post by Rin »

I think a big part of the card art is what it looks like zoomed out. I'd recommend that you go to extra lengths to make certain properties visible from a sized-down version, mostly element, quadrant, and power. Maybe the card could be outlined in its quadrant and its cost circle = element?

Also personally I'd prefer a solid colour for Quadrant. Like maroon for Dominion, orange for Regency, dark green or slightly bluish green for Affinity, and dark blue or purplish blue for Dynasty. I think it would make it more recognizable.
Gohar

Post by Gohar »

personally i think balamer is epic in that card but i don't like the power in the middle there imho.
[10:37] < ri> his name is gohar
[10:37] < ri> cause he go hard
[10:37] < ri> playing discard
[10:37] < ri> no holds barred
[10:37] < ri> got that killa deck
[10:37] < ri> ya'll hit the deck
[10:37] < ri> but before you check
[10:37] < ri> it's way too late
[10:37] < ri> you already lost, mate