Card-Design Discussion

Moderator: Code Goddess

Burner

Re: Card-Design Discussion

Post by Burner »

As I said, I need to work on the font and design a bit more. I know they are shit and I do understand I need more of a frame.
Micky

Post by Micky »

Image_______Image

Currently working on these templates. Personally I like this template design better than the previous ones.

The main issue with this is that a lot of detail is lost. For example you can't see Rahja's weapon completely, and you can't see the complete cabin of the flying ship Lindsay is on.

On the other hand, the advantage of this is that what you can see is much more clearer, and allows you to see details (ones that fit the frame) that would normally go un-noticed.

Thoughts?
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

to be honest, i love this new framework... really brings out the stuff of the card :D jus if u could make the font sorta arabic or turn on the Italics :p :)
~Wἒɍἒῶѻᶅf

Burner

Post by Burner »

If you just put a banner-like thing for the title text of the card, it would be perfect.

That way the legibility of the text is always clear and uniform.
Rashaskool

Post by Rashaskool »

I dislike Lindsays hat. You has changed it.
Micky

Post by Micky »

Rashaskool wrote:I dislike Lindsays hat. You has changed it.
Yeah I was just testing to see what it would look like; the other had one is in the card index. Also check swift there.
sid_07

Post by sid_07 »

Hey in this game there are 8 types na ?(Means like light ,fire,etc.)
SID_07,DARK AVENGERS

MY OPPONENT MUST BE HAPPY,BUT VICTORY NEVER LASTS
ALL HAIL THE LIGHT BRINGER,THE LORD OF SPIRITS
Micky

Post by Micky »

sid_07 wrote:Hey in this game there are 8 types na ?(Means like light ,fire,etc.)
Syrius

Post by Syrius »

really nice stuff, i like Burner's attempt for the Ice aspect, especially because the round button-like purple cost circle had been really bugging me. Nice stuff coming from Werewolf too, i like that tribal aspect esp around the cost zone. As for Micky's artwork, i've already said my opinions in chat :D . I'm all for details. Oh, but yes, the general amount of "zoom in" is gonna have to be decided.

Personally, i prefer the symbols of the Elements on the central part of the bottom side, rather than on the left.

Damn, i gotta pick up drawing and train again as soon as i can.

Really nice to finally see the Quadrant-Attribute circle, though left and right are reversed compared to how i imagined it :P
Liesl wrote:turn my soul into muffin
In chat wrote: <Mika> ack my screen is filled with so much syriusness
<Syrius> like syriusly
<Mika> id say it should lighten up a little but your already a lightbulb
Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

Micky, you are not putting any work into this. That first art was pathetic when you compare it with the signatures you've made for others and yourself.
No offense, but it was lame.
Steven Erikson wrote:All too often in fantasy fiction we’re stuck with the rulers, the leaders, and we see their machinations in a generalised sense of victory and loss, even good and evil. Until Glen Cook, we rarely saw the brutal consequences of all these toffs vying for dominance. When approaching our own novels, we wanted to emulate Cook’s ground-up approach, covering the entire social strata from the lowly street urchin to the gods and everyone in between.