Card Value vs Card Rarity

Moderator: Code Goddess

Relinquished

Re: Card Value vs Card Rarity

Post by Relinquished »

New card rarities could be set by a certain group of people here on KC, advanced and/or Master duelists would do nicely.
shreyash

Post by shreyash »

mighty wrote:Shadow of the Code

That system can do..
Actually i learnt to play from that game......
mighty i also learnt how to play from that game and my cousin never told me how to play,he just said play that game and u will know the rules.anyways u say shawdow of code as different it is already said about buying booster packs so what is different.

Anyways i think we can have a system in which there are points,umm i mean exactly like our current ladder and it should be made in another game not in this normal KP.it can be named "KP trading card game" or something so that only who want this can play.

i say we can use the points to buy booster packs.also we can trade cards within certain limits,which i say should be that equal cost creatures can be exchanged that dont have power difference with more than 3000.Some cards should be banned from trading like bolmeteus and stuff.other cards which a person wants to exchange and both players agree but the card change passes the limits then the one taking the better card will have to pay some points to the other player even if the exchange makes profit to the player who is changing the lower card.there can also be selling for points which the player sets as he wants.

other than that the points for each card should set and when the limits are crossed for exchanging the player giving points will be decided how much points to give by this system.the place where people can post who wants to exchange and stuff will be in kirricorp in a paticular section on index page named "KP trading card game" where all things of this game should be posted and discussed.this will also prevent players to prevent from making double accounts and using this thing as they will not exchange any powerful cards because they will lose points when they do this and they dont want to lose points from their main account and get useless points in their support accounts.

how is the idea. :D
Demerzel

Post by Demerzel »

Here are some suggestions on card utilities:

1) Have decks use separate cards, i.e. you cannot share cards among decks. For some reason, I don't find this idea very appealing.

(OR)

2) Have decks share cards, i.e. all your decks may use any of the cards you possess. If your possess four copies (or fewer in some cases, regarding really overpowered cards) of a single card, the booster packs you purchase cannot furnish you with more copies, and will instead generate something else.

---

I like the idea of the community suggesting rarities, and a credit-based system seems fine, with you earning a certain amount per duel.

Then there could be the concept of salaries. Every clan is given a certain amount of credits, and this clan may grant credits to its members on a daily/weekly basis based on the activity of the player or after a duel as per the clan lord's discretion (since you guys are so active you could easily patrol to see if any lord was abusing his power). Every time a member wins a clan duel, he adds credits to the clan's overall pool. Winning tournaments gives the clan a large number of credits. Every time a clan wishes to take part in a tournament, it must submit a fixed fee. This is to ensure a good competitive nature.

And for the sake of promotion or whatever, you could announce month-long bonuses like giving every player who accomplishes a certain number of duels per day a good card. To raise the stakes, you could also announce a month-long 'drought' period where retail cards are not available and members must instead sell to the NPC dealer, and any card he sells this way is added to the list of single cards available for others to purchase. This could also be done once the 'economy' becomes stable.
Last edited by Demerzel on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madcow

Post by Madcow »

1) Have decks use separate cards, i.e. you cannot share cards among decks. For some reason, I don't find this idea very appealing.
But
If your possess four copies (or fewer in some cases, regarding really overpowered cards) of a single card, the booster packs you purchase cannot furnish you with more copies, and will instead generate something else.
Are you saying if I have 4x A certain card, I have to distribute it among two of my decks that essentially require that card... Because if I needed 4 copies in both decks, then I'd need 8 copies overall and the first limitation prevents this.
Demerzel

Post by Demerzel »

I implied two alternatives.
Madcow

Post by Madcow »

That was before your untimely post edit.. Anyway.

Also newbies would have a problem playing against players who have already acquired a decent or more than decent stash of cards .. How about making arbitrary starter decks that are handed to each new player,(from a list of choices, something like a batch of KP Common Decks) that can be used to a decent extent, but no card can be separated from them.. After a certain amount of the duels or points collected, the player may redeem the deck for a fixed amount of points, or is permitted to retain certain cards of his choice.

Also while Community Elected Rarities can end up being messy, certain generic staples should be made a bit rarer to prevent massive abuse...

This whole idea is very intriguing, online TCG :D
(azeem)

Post by (azeem) »

but by this every duel will become serious and new players might face problems with this
people can also behave harshly on loosing
shreyash

Post by shreyash »

i guess thats why it should be in seperate setion where its not necessary for everyone to duel,like KP trading card game. but yeah its difficlt to make anothr program so this is a ramming idea.
lukasz

Post by lukasz »

This is a very good idea, I love it.
But I don't know how it would go with programming this.

Anyways looking forward to it, this would be really nice.
sid_07

Post by sid_07 »

Would it really be better to have a system of 'earning' cards? Or a 'Dealer' that tosses you a set number of free cards daily when you log in and you hope there's something good in it?
I like this one like we buy booster packs from shops from shops!

I think little like mighty , the points system but it should still have restrictions like azz said(he himself is a nuisance on us very very bad player :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ).We should first be given certain points and then to again gain points we should play with the deck of that cards and if we win we get points (if won 2 points ,if forfeited 1 point and if we surrendered -1 point)like that a card buisiness!
SID_07,DARK AVENGERS

MY OPPONENT MUST BE HAPPY,BUT VICTORY NEVER LASTS
ALL HAIL THE LIGHT BRINGER,THE LORD OF SPIRITS