Genkai 6 - May 2011!

This forum is for the arranging and result notifications of Clan Wars.
Bell
Site Admin

Genkai 6 - May 2011!

Post by Bell »

Due to the status of the exam circuit, ended for some people, still ongoing for others, I'll be starting the Genkai cycle at the #6 slot instead of #8.

This Genkai will be a six man Swiss tournament, with the #6 duelist of each clan being called forward to participate. If your #6 cannot participate at all, the tournament will be reduced and you can enter the next.

For reference, you cannot change your ranks around in a Genkai cycle, each player will only duel once per cycle.

This is a small but bona fide clan clash, the title will be granted to the winner and the clan credited, and then we will move on to Genkai 5.

For this first Genkai, we will have a two week participation time, but hopefully we will not need it, since there should only be four players and about 6 matches total.

If there is a tie in points it will be decided by a tiebreaker match.

Please decide who will be acting as 6th rank for this Genkai and have them enter themselves for tournament. Clan leaders may also post for their entered player if that player is not available immediately.

There will be no pairings thread as it is not necessary, simply duel the other three champions selected for this Genkai round, and post results in this thread. Good luck to all clans!

Zephyr Knights: cap'n (1)
Unified Command: deadlydemonlord
Royal League: castelery
The Brotherhood: Shinji_Nykahrii (0)
Speed Demons: MIAR, Holy Commander (6)
Dark Avengers: dark_boy (0)
In chats wrote:<Wedjat> Why is there no function for converting "antagonizing fools" into "delightful servants"?
<ri> you don't have access to defool.exe?
<Wedjat> It would be an illegal operation.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
Micky

Re: Genkai 6 - May 2011!

Post by Micky »

For more information
Bell wrote: "Genkai", which refers to a "Limit" form of interclan competition, and may involve some intra-clan competition as well. For Genkai, the eight official members of a clan will decide their own rankings amongst themselves from 1 to 8, and each week, a tournament will be held between all of the members of the same rank, across all clans. This proves a clan's dominance in interesting ways, as you can use it to show that even your 'least skilled' member is still stronger than the equivalent member in all other clans. However, no replacements or guests are allowed at all for Genkai, which means that if your rank 6 duelist drops out or cannot participate in the Genkai 6 Tournament, your clan will lose the chance to take that Trophy for that cycle.
The only change to that I believe is that instead of 1 to 8, there will be 1 to 6.
Devil

Post by Devil »

can new clans tAKE PLACE?
Don't mess with me
Devil

Post by Devil »

i m taking about speed demons and the dark avengers.
Don't mess with me
Bell
Site Admin

Post by Bell »

Technically neither of those clans even has 6 members yet, so you may want to sit this one out, but if you really want to, I will mod it so that you may join.
In chats wrote:<Wedjat> Why is there no function for converting "antagonizing fools" into "delightful servants"?
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
Devil

Post by Devil »

ok.
Don't mess with me
Bell
Site Admin

Post by Bell »

Speed Demons and Dark Avengers are now added to the competition list for Genkai 6 and for the next Genkai as well.

We will still be proceeding without pairings, no new clans will be accepted this time, new clans can participate in the upcoming Genkai 5.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
Micky

Post by Micky »

Picking Miar for Genkai 6 as the opener for Speed Demons.
Relinquished

Post by Relinquished »

I and M decided to choose deadlydemonlord from Unified Command to participate in Genkai 6. Best of luck for him and every other contestant!
Anik

Post by Anik »

From Royal_League:

Genkai-6 : Castelery

~ Leader of Royal League