Ultimate Warriors Showdown- Registrations closed

This forum contains information on Tournaments that require forum participation from users.

Moderator: Micky

Relinquished

Re: Ultimate Warriors Showdown- Registrations open

Post by Relinquished »

These decks chosen between players by random? I don't really see the point in this tourney then, and it too, as did RND tourney, be decided by random. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that some decks are WORSE than others, but the problem is that, for example I will have to play with deck like "Divinity to the Eternal", which I can't play with. At all. If this happens to all players but one, it would completely ruin the tournament for everyone, since it would be well expected that the one who got the deck he or she is very familiar with would ultimately win the tournament. So it's just another luck tournament, which I don't suggest people with bad luck joining.
Last edited by Relinquished on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
m4gnu5

Post by m4gnu5 »

Me in
the_prince_of_light

Post by the_prince_of_light »

The winner is one of the three RUG assaults.
pheonix

Post by pheonix »

ME in.
Palas

Post by Palas »

@ Relinquished
Well, most of these decks stand an equal chance of winning against each other. Being master decks, they do not have a glaring weakness against particular deck types. I trust the players to handle whatever is given to them. It shall be difficult to master these decks but not difficult to understand how they function.
Relinquished

Post by Relinquished »

Palas wrote:@ Relinquished
Well, most of these decks stand an equal chance of winning against each other. Being master decks, they do not have a glaring weakness against particular deck types. I trust the players to handle whatever is given to them. It shall be difficult to master these decks but not difficult to understand how they function.
I don't think you read the whole thing. I am not saying that some decks are worse than others, but I said that it will be hard (if not impossible) to win in some situations. For example I would have to play with rush, which doesn't suit my play-style at all, against someone who is very familiar with assaults using Divinity. It would be everything but fair, since it would leave me no chance of winning at all.

Anyway, I will stop "moaning" on this thread because it doesn't help anyone, nor is it really my business since I am not participating. Good luck all!

PS: @Night Master, it will take much, much, much more time to "master" a deck than time you have until this tournament begins, so don't expect to "master it very soon".
MIAR, Holy Commander

Post by MIAR, Holy Commander »

in.

"Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead"
"The Holy Commander of the forces is enough to send you into oblivion."
the whole master

Post by the whole master »

I would like to join, thanks Palas.
_I_