The Dream of Starcross

Forum for discussion of our new online card game.

Moderator: Code Goddess

Mikara

The Dream of Starcross

Post by Mikara »

Gohar: I had a dream of cf. I dreamed of this really cool card

13:41 < Gohar> theres some supernatural stuff
13:41 < Gohar> and there comes starcross
13:42 < Gohar> rising from a card
13:42 < Gohar> breaking its chains as it wakes from its slumber 1000 years later
13:43 < Gohar> furiously it rages in agony upon the seal that was placed
13:43 < Gohar> flames flicker in its eyes as it spreads its wing
13:43 < Gohar> the tomb rents asunder undr its essence
13:44 < Gohar> as it rises from the ruins
13:44 < Gohar> andis hailed under the commnd of the one who bears its card
13:45 < Gohar> it strains unde the wait of the command as it attempts to defy this new ?master?
Gohar

Re: The Dream of Starcross

Post by Gohar »

Thanks for keeping this safe Mika, I shall now continue, slowly :p Be free to suggest improvements, point out mistakes and give opinions. Hope you guys like it.
Oh and Bell please provide corrections if my story interferes or contradicts the actual story line such as different attitudes of characters etc. Thanks.

Gohar: I had a dream of cf. I dreamed of this really cool card

13:41 < Gohar> there's some supernatural stuff
13:41 < Gohar> and there comes starcross
13:42 < Gohar> rising from a card
13:42 < Gohar> breaking its chains as it wakes from its slumber 1000 years later
13:43 < Gohar> furiously it rages in agony upon the seal that was placed
13:43 < Gohar> flames flicker in its eyes as it spreads its wing
13:43 < Gohar> the tomb rents asunder under its essence
13:44 < Gohar> as it rises from the ruins
13:44 < Gohar> and is hailed under the command of the one who bears its card
13:45 < Gohar> it strains under the weight of the command as it attempts to defy this new? master?

Chapter 1

It rose up furiously, eyes blood-red with rage, muscles aching after it long imprisonment.
It watches awed as the man in front of him merely says "awesome card, sheesh these holographic stadiums are getting awesome, It looks so real"
And the "master" says "I know, I found it in my notebook, probably put it there and forgot, ridiculous right?" [They laugh]
The beast eyes the surroundings as the two talk and move small pieces of some substance with creatures emerging from them. The play is strange and mildly cold with many people doing the same as the two boys on large platforms with sufficient distance between them, and many of the people were staring at him.
The beast was still trying to understand where it was when the boy spoke "Now I command you....uhhh...[reads the card] Starcross to attack!!!!!"
The beast stares at him aware that he had been commanded by this feeble creature who did utter his name so disgracefully.
Now all the people present stare at the beast, waiting. Then the begin to speak amongst themselves.
The "master" speaks again "I said attack Starcross.................stupid thing, must be something wrong with the emulator."
Then rage filled the eyes of the beast as the blue gems were tinted a deep bloody red, It road, the place shook, people stared on.
"Wow this card has awesome animations", said one of these "pathetic people"
The dragon raged, open its wings, one flap, the ceiling cracked. There was chaos. People ran wild. The master shook in shock as the stadium emptied. The beast yelled, "Is this what I have been left for, I who commands to be commanded like an obedient Shackel" Then it roared once more and the 'master' felt a strong feeling swelling up in him, he blacked out. His eyes opened,as he stared into the eyes of a doctor, he was in the kirricorp medical room. "You'll be fine", said the doctor,"And here's your deck, however, one card was taken by Sir Tyberius Kirricort himself. Mr. Gene Kirricort requests your attendence once you feel better"
The boy then looked towards the door from where his friend Maximus just entered. "Nice to see you breathing bro, came over as soon as I heard,"he said in his general calm manner.
"Nice to see you too,bro"

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I sat there curiously waiting, and after that I had to wait some more.......I wasn't in the mood to play games on my cellphone, honestly I wasn't in the mood to do anything. I had been sitting outside the office of the Division Head of the company Mr. Gene Kirricort himself. A painful hour slowly....oh actually only fifteen minutes had passed, but well they felt longer. The metallic door slid smoothly open and out came a young female who identified herself as Suzanne Marshall beckoned me to follow her. "Please follow me," she said quite formally, then loosening the tone she added (apparently noticing my nervousness),"just relax, trust me he's a nice guy everything will be alright."
Although I wasn't sure whether or not to believe her, I had little choice left now.
Entering the room was a little comforting, the air was cool and the dark blue carpet beneath my feet was soft. Had I not been so nervous I may even have passed a comment on the awkward peachy walls with green patterns.
"Take a seat please," came the voice of Mr.Kirricort. "Suzanne, please bring the card, hope you didn't mind the waiting Mr. Skyle"
"uh...no, not at all.....uh...please call me Minoru"
"Ah yes as you wish, I hope I am not causing you any discomfort"
"Oh no! not at all"
"Do you know why I have called you here?"
"I think its cuz I ruined your new dueling hall.....look I had no idea......"
"Ah relax that has been taken care of, no worries I did not call you here to punish you or any such thing. I want to ask if you have felt....weird lately like any fuzziness, dizziness or strange sounds?"
"no....maybe a strange feeling but that's probably just my sub conscience or something"
Mr.Kirricort was about to speak but the door suddenly slid open once more and Mrs. Marshall returned holding a small package. She handed it to Mr.Kirricorp and the spoke with hushed voices then Mrs. Marshall left the room once more.
"Ah here is the object of our fascination. Here its yours, we have no right to keep it, in fact I am sorry for having taken it with your permission but this was something serious."
"Oh its no problem at all! you know....all's well that ends well." I unwrapped the package and and remove the wrapping from my card, after a quick glimps I returned my attention to Mr.Kirricort.
"You see the thing is that this card wasn't made by us, in fact no such card exist in our entire database, I am rather curious to know where you got it?"
"Well....uh....that's kind of complicated, I found it between the pages of my notebook, I thought I had put it there and forgotten it"
"What kind of notebook was this?"
"Oh I use it for drawing creatures, making notes and writing decks that's all. If the card isn't real then whey did the stadium accept it like arent your cards specially marked. Was there a technical problem or something?"
"No there was no technical problem everything was fine and the fact that the kirostadium accepted the card is very fascinating."
"But if there wasn't any technical problem then the ceiling and the hologram...."
"We ourselves are rather curious about that, we are almost as curious as you and would like your help."
Suddenly I felt a strange heaviness and then a sudden jolt. My eyes opened wide, it was like something prodded inside me reaching deep than a weird vibration. It was suffocating, as though something was wrapping around my...my...my sub conscience? But how? What was this? I clutched the table's edge tightly.
"Minoru, are you all right, please drink this," Mr Kirricort held out a glass, his face showed severe worry.
I took the glass my hands mildly shaking and gulped down the water rapidly, then I took deep breaths.
"hmm fascinating. Minoru I would like you to join our secret duelist program."
"Your what?"
"We conduct it in the A-wing and I would like you to be a part of it. It's a special program for special duelists and I am quite interested to have you be a part of it."
"m-me? but I'm just a casual dueler."
"I've been doing some talking and it actually seems like you really love our game by the amount you play it and all. Please take your time there is no hurry nor pressure. Give me your decision tomorrow, but don't tell anyone, kay?"

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I paced nervously about my room. What was going on, what was that feeling? It was like something was inside me.....but what? Just my imagination or did Mr Kirricort do something, but why would he? Why would he do such a thing and what was that thing exactly that he did? Guess there was only one way to find out.
I relaxed myself and headed out of my room into the living room where my dad lay on the sofa. Eyes fixed on the proceeding football match and a cup of coffee resting precariously on the sofa arm with his hand providing it support.
"Hey dad."
"Yeah, what is it?" he said eyes shifting to meet mine.
"You know there's this card game thing going on and I was invited to take part in it so like...uh....could I?"
"Sure, if it's what you want. Just don't go out spending a ton on cards, got that?"
"Yeah sure, thanks dad, love you."
I headed back into my room, why was a minute when I could start right from tomorrow? piling up my cards, I began constructing an adequate deck for tomorrow.
Last edited by Gohar on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
[10:37] < ri> his name is gohar
[10:37] < ri> cause he go hard
[10:37] < ri> playing discard
[10:37] < ri> no holds barred
[10:37] < ri> got that killa deck
[10:37] < ri> ya'll hit the deck
[10:37] < ri> but before you check
[10:37] < ri> it's way too late
[10:37] < ri> you already lost, mate
Mikara

Re: The Dream of Starcross

Post by Mikara »

Pretty intense. I hope we get to see more!