Kaijudo Portal Multiplayer Rules

Forum for discussion of our new online card game.

Moderator: Code Goddess

Relinquished

Kaijudo Portal Multiplayer Rules

Post by Relinquished »

Hello! There has been talk about MULTIPLAYER format being possible in Kaijudo Portal. Anyhow, I have created a base for 2v2 tag dueling. I also have personal experience in doing this with my friends, and I know that it's fair, totally not broken and a ton lot of fun. Leave all suggestions and questions below!

Kaijudo Portal - Tag dueling - Rules

Basic rules
-Starting
-Turns
-Mana
-Hands
-Shields
-Cards on battle zone
-Winning/losing

---

Starting

[Team A] versus [Team B]
Team A consists of players A1 and A2. Team B consists of players B1 and B2
The game is started with a coin toss by player A1 who calls out heads or tails like in the normal format. If the player calls right, s/he decides which team goes first. If s/he chooses his/her team to go first, the playing order will be following:
A1 > B1 > A2 > B2
If the player A1 decides to go second, the playing order will be following:
B1 > A2 > B2 > A1
If player A1 calls the toss wrong then the player B1 decides whose team goes first. The playing order won't change in this case.

Turns

Player can play cards only during his/her own turn except in case of shield triggers that are played normally.
The playing order can't be changed by effects that occur after the game has started.
After one round of turns is complete, the cycle will restart and the playing order stays the same.
Creatures untap at the beginning of their respective owners' turns, except in a case of card effect.

Mana

Players of the same team can't pay the mana costs of their own cards with their team mate's mana cards.
Cards that would only affect player's own mana pool don't have any effect on the team mate's mana.
When a card is activated that effects on opponent's mana, the player who activated the card can choose the opponent whose mana the card effects on.

Example 1:
-Mystic Dreamscape can only effect the mana zone of the player who activated it.

Example 2:
-Fortress Shell destroys 2 mana cards of a target opponent (These kind of effects can only work on ONE opponent's/player's mana.)

Hands

It is still optional if the players of the same team can see the cards in each other's hands. (Tell your opinion about this)
Cards that would allow a player to view opponent's hand cards can only have effect on one player's hand.
When a card is discarded from an opponent's hand by a card effect, the discarding opponent is chosen by the player who used the card.

Example 3:
-Grabe Globbo's effect allows the player to view only the chosen opponent's hand. (The other opponent's hand can't be viewed by the same effect.) It's still optional if the player of the same team is allowed to see the hand of the chosen opponent. (Tell your opinion about this)

Example 4:
-When a Ghost Touch is cast, the player who cast it chooses the opponent player who is effected by the card.

Example 5:
-Lost Soul only discards all cards from the chosen opponent's hand.

Example 6:
-Jenny the Dismantling Puppet works like the combination of examples 3 and 4. (Choose a player, look at his/her hand and discard a card) It's still optional if the player of the same team is allowed to see the hand of the chosen opponent. (Tell your opinion about this)

Shields

Both players have their own 5 shields on their OWN shield zones.
Double/multi -breakers can only break shields from one opponent at the time.
Cards that would view a player's shield(s) only work on one player at the time.
When you have to put your shield(s) to graveyard from your shield zone by your own card's effect you can't choose your team mate's shield(s).
Shield triggers are used normally.

Example 7:
-When a player summons Tekorax s/he can only view shields from one opponent player. It's still optional if the player of the same team is allowed to see the shields of the chosen opponent. (Tell your opinion about this)

Example 8:
-When a player summons Necrodragon Bryzenaga only his/her shields are returned to owner's hand.

Cards on battle zone

Both players of the same team have their OWN battle zones and they can't control each other's cards on the battle zone.
In some cases creatures and cross gears on the team mate's battle zone may be interacted with. (More to that later)
Creatures can't switch fields.
You can't attack your with your team mate's creatures. You can't cross your team mate's cross gear.
You CAN sacrifice and benefit from your team mate's creatures and you can cross your own gear with your team mate's creatures, in this case those cross gears are still counted as YOUR cards on your side of the field. (More to that in abilities section)
-----
[Team mates' creatures are considered mutual!]
Important example of this is that when a card's effect refers to YOUR creature(s) they (MAY) refer to your team mate's creature(s) as well.
-----
Basically this means that in their OWN cards' effects which effect the cards on THEIR side of the battle zone they are considered as ONE player.

Example 9:
-Player A1 can't attack with player A2's creatures.

Example 10:
-When Daidalos, General of Destruction attacks you may sacrifice your team mate's creature instead.

Example 11:
-Player A1 may use Spiral Gate on his team mate's creature, that creature returns to its owner's hand.

Example 12:
-When you cast Soulswap on your team mate's creature, you can only return a creature from your team mate's mana zone back on HIS/HER battle zone.

Winning/Losing

A single player can't lose the game, but the TEAM can.
Finishing attack:
Team A has to break all shields of team B before they can make a SINGLE finishing attack to end the game and vice versa.
Decking out:
When player A1 decks out s/he remains in the game as long as A2 still has cards in his/her deck.
If both players of the same team deck out, they lose the duel.
If player A1 decks out and A2 doesn't he can continue to play during his turns as long as it is possible for him/her to make a move. If this isn't possible s/he needs to end his/her turn right after the start.

Card Rules in Tag Duels

[Team A] versus [Team B]
Team A consists of players A1 and A2. Team B consists of players B1 and B2
All examples happen in the format above.

Card Types
Creatures + Evo + Vortex
Spells
Cross gears + Evo

Abilities
Blocker
Crew Breaker
Stealth
Metamorph
Saver
Shield Trigger + X
Silent skill
Survivor
Sympathy
Turbo rush
Wave Striker

Special cases
Toel, Vizier of Hope
Angler Cluster
Ardent Lunatron

Creatures + Evo + Vortex
Creatures are always summoned to the summoner's battle zone.
You can't summon your team mate's monsters.
You can't use your team mate's creatures for evolution. This also includes Vortex evolutions.
You can't attack or block with your team mate's creatures.
You can target your team mate's creatures with card effects that would effect "your creatures".
Your cards' effects that effect all your creatures also affect your team mate's creatures.
Your destroyed creatures go to your graveyard.
-----
Notes:
Card effects that are said effect "Both players" effect all players instead.
You can't summon creatures, cast spells, generate cross gears or cross them during your team mate's turn.
-----

Spells
You can't cast your team mate's spells.
You can target your team mate's CREATURE with spells that would affect your creature.
Spells or creature effects that would affect your graveyard, shields, hand, mana or deck have no effect on your team mate.
Spells you cast go to your graveyard.

Cross gears + Evo
You can't cross your team mate's cross gears with your or his/her creatures.
You can cross your cross gears to your team mate's creatures.
Your cross gear that is crossed with your team mate's creature is still considered as your cross gear.
You can't use your team mate's cross gears for evolution.

Examples:
1) When Metza Iron is destroyed, each player puts a card from their mana zones to their graveyards.
2) Your team mate can't use your Super Terradragon Bailas Gale's effect.

Abilities
Blocker
You can block on attack targeted to your team mate's creature(s) or shield(s) with your own blockers.
Crew breaker
Crew breakers can gain benefit from your team mate's creatures
Stealth
If either of your opponents have the mana required to activate stealth, it is activated.
Example: If player B1 plays mono darkness and B2 mono water, player A1's creature with darkness stealth can attack B2 without being blocked.
Metamorph
Metamorph only works according to your mana.
Saver
You can save your team mate's creature(s) with your savers.
Shield Trigger + X
Shield Triggers are played normally and X's can be crossed to your team mate's creatures for no cost.
Silent Skill
Silent Skills activate only in the beginning of their owner's turns.
Survivor
Your and your team mate's survivors benefit from each other.
Sympathy
Your team mate's creatures can fill your Sympathy requirements.
Turbo rush
Your team mate's turbo rush abilities are activated if you break a shield and vice versa.
Wave striker
All Wave strikers on the battle zone benefit from each other.

Special cases
For example Angler Cluster and Baby Zoppe do not take count from you team mate's mana.
Toel, Vizier of Hope untaps all of your and your team mate's creatures at the end of YOUR turns.
Your Ardent Lunatron has to block an attack directed to your team mate or his/her creatures if possible.

Got questions? Ask.
Last edited by Relinquished on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroVash

Re: Kaijudo Portal Multiplayer Rules

Post by ZeroVash »

I dont agree that players can see each others hands.

Jenny should target as well.

As per reading Tekorax it does imply that it can see all shields (i would go with that).

You need more interactions. Stuff like Apo Day, Savers , Silent Skills , Spark Chemist V, Gigavrand, Vega , Galek, Triple Mouth , Mummy Wrap ... there are plenty of stuff
Bell
Site Admin

Post by Bell »

The one that I most concern with are Tagtapp and Buoyant Blowfish.
In chats wrote:<Wedjat> Why is there no function for converting "antagonizing fools" into "delightful servants"?
<ri> you don't have access to defool.exe?
<Wedjat> It would be an illegal operation.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
ZeroVash

Post by ZeroVash »

Bell wrote:The one that I most concern with are Tagtapp and Buoyant Blowfish.
As powerfull as that might make them, i personnally think they would gain power from both opponents mana zones.
Relinquished

Post by Relinquished »

ZeroVash wrote:
Bell wrote:The one that I most concern with are Tagtapp and Buoyant Blowfish.
As powerfull as that might make them, i personnally think they would gain power from both opponents mana zones.
That's right. Besides, in tag duel, it would also be a lot easier to take one down, as there are two players up on the job. Chance of deadly cards such as pit appearing is higher than usual.
ZeroVash wrote:As per reading Tekorax it does imply that it can see all shields (i would go with that).
"When you put this creature into the battle zone, look at your opponent's shields. Then put them back where they were." says Tekorax. I think it's ability is closer to looking at "one player's shields" than all shields all opponents have.
ZeroVash wrote:Jenny should target as well.
I never said it shouldn't. I wrote: "-Jenny the Dismantling Puppet works like the combination of examples 3 and 4. (Choose a player, look at his/her hand and discard a card) "
ZeroVash wrote:You need more interactions. Stuff like Apo Day, Savers , Silent Skills , Spark Chemist V, Gigavrand, Vega , Galek, Triple Mouth , Mummy Wrap ... there are plenty of stuff
Apocalypse Day works as it normally would, you choose a player for Spark Chemist V's effect, Gigavrand works on both opponents, Galek works on a single opponent (the owner of the destroyed blocker discards), Triple Mouth works the same way and Mummy Wrap... Works as it always would.
Rashaskool

Post by Rashaskool »

I remember when Micky and I tried this with two others over two duels. Was a lot of fun but really confusing lol.
ZeroVash

Post by ZeroVash »

Rashaskool wrote:I remember when Micky and I tried this with two others over two duels. Was a lot of fun but really confusing lol.
It was with me Q.Q
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

There is no official rulebook guys...

i got one which works till set 6, i'll upload pics from it in another post as soon as i can, but still, we need to make the rules more clearer as there are too many conflicts.

like dark reversal, aqua officer, Miraculous rebirth, aqua patrol, Arc Bine the astounding, Phantasmal Horror Gigazald, crew breakers etc

i think we need to make an official rulebook ON Kaijudo Portal
~Wἒɍἒῶѻᶅf

Relinquished

Post by Relinquished »

hgarg.gamer wrote:
like dark reversal, aqua officer, Miraculous rebirth, aqua patrol, Arc Bine the astounding, Phantasmal Horror Gigazald, crew breakers etc

i think we need to make an official rulebook ON Kaijudo Portal
Those are not conflicts. Besides, I made this topic to work as KP rulebook. Just take a look at the topic's name!!!

We also never said that this is "official rulebook".
pheonix

Post by pheonix »

i actually think we shall start playing with these handful of rules,and the conflicts will eventually appear.But it might be a bit difficult to change the things,once it has been done.