Kaijudo Portal Multiplayer Rules

Forum for discussion of our new online card game.

Moderator: Code Goddess

sid_07

Re: Kaijudo Portal Multiplayer Rules

Post by sid_07 »

We play multiplayer DM at our locality
SID_07,DARK AVENGERS

MY OPPONENT MUST BE HAPPY,BUT VICTORY NEVER LASTS
ALL HAIL THE LIGHT BRINGER,THE LORD OF SPIRITS
Bell
Site Admin

Post by Bell »

My thought is that by restricting certain effects to only one player, the essence and fun of tag dueling is greatly diminished in the first place.

On the other hand, by allowing players to do things like gang up on one opponent for discard, it can also be TOO crippling.

What brings this up really is things like Arc Bine and Gigazald, to me.

Wave Strikers and Survivors are also serious considerations.
In chats wrote:<Wedjat> Why is there no function for converting "antagonizing fools" into "delightful servants"?
<ri> you don't have access to defool.exe?
<Wedjat> It would be an illegal operation.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

^All 4 of the above mentioned type can be insanely crippling.

Besides players can team up in such a manner : First player controls a deck based on creatures and the other player solely on spell and removal.

It can be called team strategy, but in my locality it is banned because it too becomes extremely hard to face. There is a minimum number of spells and creatures that should be in any deck.

Like i said, here are the excerpts from the TCG rulebook.
Playing with more than two players
Playing with more than two players
DSC00119.jpg (87.59 KiB) Viewed 12774 times
^continued
^continued
DSC00120.jpg (101.77 KiB) Viewed 12774 times
^continued
^continued
DSC00121.jpg (101.46 KiB) Viewed 12774 times
~Wἒɍἒῶѻᶅf

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

DSC00122.jpg
DSC00122.jpg (102.45 KiB) Viewed 12773 times

Now, the working of abilities being triggered in a game
DSC00124.jpg
DSC00124.jpg (137.23 KiB) Viewed 12773 times
DSC00125.jpg
DSC00125.jpg (131.64 KiB) Viewed 12773 times
~Wἒɍἒῶѻᶅf

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Triggered Abilities (continued)
DSC00127.jpg
DSC00127.jpg (129.23 KiB) Viewed 12773 times
~Wἒɍἒῶѻᶅf

Relinquished

Post by Relinquished »

@hgarg.gamer

No matter how much you slam those rules to our faces, the fact that people on this site don't have to follow any official DM rules if they don't. These are, and will always be suggestions to support this idea, and nothing more. Don't like it? Then leave your own suggestion about how things should be. The thing about two players playing with decks that support each other in the best possible way is why I am so excited about this idea in the first place. Some insane strategies such as Wave Strikers can be limited, even though they do, according to their own rules text get power from all creatures with wave striker (even those of your opponent). I see no reason to limit Survivors for this however, because they never were über-powerful like some card comboes. Arc Bine and Gigazald should, however, be limited somehow (like 1/2 per deck in Tag duels, etc.)

We can't just limit every very good team strategy only because they're good. We have to see how they work out first and judge/bann/limit/restrict them. The whole point in this thing is that the players work as a team, and with team strategies (spell decks/creature decks). Take that element out, and it's no longer fun. I couldn't wait for people to start posting their tag-duel decks to the forums, if this is added (post 2 decks that work well together in one topic). Some cards will be more powerful than before, but I see no problem in that (I, myself can think of Mist Rias and Mongrel Man going there).

The fact is, that if the official rulings are not as good as ones we make up, there is no reason to referring to them in any way.

No offence intentionally targetet to anyone in this post.

Ps. Double posting is bad, hgarg.gamer.
Last edited by Relinquished on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

I got ur point bro (sorry about the crappy pic quality)

but i'm jus sayin, that the rules should be a bit more defined...

i'm ready to go along with any of the rules u guys make.. provided they are clear

and, due to the problem of talking in (in - game) chat, for 2v2 duels we always need at least 2 moderators, which i think should be rectified. :P
~Wἒɍἒῶѻᶅf

Relinquished

Post by Relinquished »

hgarg.gamer wrote:I got ur point bro (sorry about the crappy pic quality)
Good. Glad it's settled, then.
hgarg.gamer wrote:and, due to the problem of talking in (in - game) chat, for 2v2 duels we always need at least 2 moderators, which i think should be rectified. :P
We are talking about adding a whole new dueling style to kaijudo Portal, which wouldn't require that any longer.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

We are talking about adding a whole new dueling style to Kaijudo Portal, which wouldn't require that any longer
I'll be waiting for it, but what u're talking about is just the team battles bro..

there's much more to multiplayer, like : Free for all (no allies), Tag-team(survivors, wave strikers, Gigazald, Arc Bine, etc share effects), Non-Tag team(where these effects are not shared), Handicap [ 2 v 3(shields are in the ratio 14:15) , 1 v 2(shields are in the ratio 9:10)] etc.

Adding all these is what i'm actually looking forward to. :D
~Wἒɍἒῶѻᶅf

pheonix

Post by pheonix »

Bell wrote:My thought is that by restricting certain effects to only one player, the essence and fun of tag dueling is greatly diminished in the first place.

On the other hand, by allowing players to do things like gang up on one opponent for discard, it can also be TOO crippling.

We are actually thinking it about deadly combo's that one could make easily,but ever thought that opponents are also 2 players,so that means they also become more stronger to handle it.Arc bine gigazald do become dangerous though,but it is also possible for the opponent to actually pull off these combos too.And if these are banned for some reason,then the whole fun becomes crap shit of just winning.