Kaijudo Portal Multiplayer Rules

Forum for discussion of our new online card game.

Moderator: Code Goddess

Duelme

Re: Kaijudo Portal Multiplayer Rules

Post by Duelme »

I am most worried abt Mist Rias being in a multiplayer duel. Just 1 mist means that an insane hand can be drawn very easily.

Some interesting facts:

1) I started off with a mono dark deck.
2) Almost all my decks have dragons.
3) Annihilation is defined as "total destruction" or "complete obliteration" of an object.
4) Vice Leader of Royal League.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Mist Rias's abilities will be limited to only two players. thats what i do. else it indeed becomes insanely crippling and in some cases leads to a deck out.

and phoenix, like i said, we can categorize it into two parts, tag team duel (when abilities are shared) and non-tag team duel (when abilities are not shared).
~Wἒɍἒῶѻᶅf

Duelme

Post by Duelme »

Yea. I hv had many multiplayer duels myself. Restricted many such cards to only 2 players like day and Divine Riptide. However I hv abused their power by killing off the opponent's as well as my tag team partners players(Though we changed the rule on urself and only 1 opponent). Cards like Soulswap was restricted to only to only targeting the one who casted it not on the tag team partner. We also dont finish off a player till all the shields on their sides are broken just like Lin said. Further I dont discard a single player only. I discard the opponent who has the most no. of cards in their hand else others might think it is unfair(Yes I hv used Anni in multiplayer duels).

A tip if these ruels are applied. Dont use rushes or assaults in multi tag team duels because with so many shields it becomes nearly impossible to face Control decks. In tag team duels u always need to work with the opponent using control decks or synergies(Chitta + dragon decks).

Some interesting facts:

1) I started off with a mono dark deck.
2) Almost all my decks have dragons.
3) Annihilation is defined as "total destruction" or "complete obliteration" of an object.
4) Vice Leader of Royal League.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

All that comes later, first the bugs regarding 2 v 2 have to be sorted out ... only then can the rules be drafted. and every type of deck workd; infact two rush decks are pretty annoying and effective.. :)
~Wἒɍἒῶѻᶅf

Bell
Site Admin

Post by Bell »

Well, I can say this. One of the things that most DEFINITELY needs to be worked out right away, is what happens when you cast a spell that says the effect lasts until the end of your turn, but you want to cast it on your teammate's creature.

For fairness and coding purposes, this is a VERY important thing to decide.

Also, on a totally unrelated note, Cloned Nightmare, and Apocalypse Day.
In chats wrote:<Wedjat> Why is there no function for converting "antagonizing fools" into "delightful servants"?
<ri> you don't have access to defool.exe?
<Wedjat> It would be an illegal operation.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
ZeroVash

Post by ZeroVash »

We should have players with different graveyards. That would make everything easier... And Day should work as normally counting on the entire battlezone (as op as that seems)...
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

in the team mate's turn, that spell is considered activated, till the end of his turn.

the one who casts it puts it in the grave.

suppose there are two teams A1, A2 and B1, B2

the turns are in the order - A1>B1>A2>B2

when A1 casts the spell for his team mate, nothin happens.

he keeps it in the graveyard and continues with his turn or ends.

the following player (opponent team's B1) takes his turn and ends.

just as the A2's turn begins, the spell is considered activated and remains so till the end of his turn.

^this means it is activated as soon as B1's turn ends.
~Wἒɍἒῶѻᶅf

Relinquished

Post by Relinquished »

Most of the things Werewolf mentioned above have already been mentioned in the main topic.

Cloned spells can be limited to take effect from only one player's graveyard, Divine Riptide should effect everyone and Apocalypse Day could be something like:

-"Choose an opponent player. If you and the chosen player have total of 6 or more creatures in the battle zone, destroy all creatures on your, and the chosen player's battle zone."

Seriously people, these aren't really that hard questions to answer.

Also, the word "grippling" is being overused.

PS: PLEASE, read the whole main post before commenting to avoid saying the exact same things that have been said before.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Yup.. most of the questions have been answered, and the answers to the ones remaining will also be sorted out pretty easily, but we need to collect them at one place, and make it official. even i wouldn't like to read through 3 pages to find contrasting arguments rather than rules.
~Wἒɍἒῶѻᶅf

Bell
Site Admin

Post by Bell »

You say they 'aren't hard questions to answer' but what happens when people simply disagree?

You already have disagreement regarding Apocalypse Day. My opinions don't count but I disagree with you regarding Cloned spells completely.

Your rulings in the first post do NOT in fact cover the situation I outlined for spellcasting, for example Laser Wing or Lunar Charger.

As was pointed out originally, this never had to do with whether or not rules were hard to come up with.
In chats wrote:<Wedjat> Why is there no function for converting "antagonizing fools" into "delightful servants"?
<ri> you don't have access to defool.exe?
<Wedjat> It would be an illegal operation.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/