A New Saga Begins!

The latest news from KirriCorp head Office itself.
Bell
Site Admin

A New Saga Begins!

Post by Bell »

Pilot saga of my new work begins here and now!

The more things change, the more they remain the same. For example I still can't seem to write short episodes. However, as they say 'if it ain't broke don't fix it', so I'll go with that this time around.

I hope it's interesting because obviously I am biased and think it is or I'd have worked longer to make it moreso.

It's on forums for the time being until we get stuff sorted out with the site, then I will move it there as usual.

Enjoy!
In chats wrote:<Wedjat> Why is there no function for converting "antagonizing fools" into "delightful servants"?
<ri> you don't have access to defool.exe?
<Wedjat> It would be an illegal operation.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
sid_07

Re: A New Saga Begins!

Post by sid_07 »

Hey Bell are these duel masters episodes you are writing here in short or your written story's ?Because I don't know it.
SID_07,DARK AVENGERS

MY OPPONENT MUST BE HAPPY,BUT VICTORY NEVER LASTS
ALL HAIL THE LIGHT BRINGER,THE LORD OF SPIRITS
Relinquished

Post by Relinquished »

sid_07 wrote:Hey Bell are these duel masters episodes you are writing here in short or your written story's ?Because I don't know it.
I don't want people to mock you, so I just say that you should think before asking stupid questions, because if you don't, it just makes you look stupid (obviously).

To answer the question, those are NOT Duel Masters episodes. It's a new saga based on Chaos Fractal.
Bell
Site Admin

Post by Bell »

Here we have Episode 2!

As you would expect, the story is still going to contain just about all our serious duelists, and anyone else who is serious about making an appearance, as well. As usual, this also means that all the duels are going to be actual duels we play, though I definitely want to get some of the set 2 cards out to make the decks more meaningful. This episode did not require them, though. (Note that for story purposes, set 2 is out, in the current timeline, for them)

It was not actually setting up the duel required that delayed the episode, though, there was just a lot of other stuff to deal with, so hopefully it won't take quite as long before I get the next up. Enjoy this one, I hope!
In chats wrote:<Wedjat> Why is there no function for converting "antagonizing fools" into "delightful servants"?
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
Syrius

Post by Syrius »

and enjoy i did, both episodes. looking forward to the third :D
Liesl wrote:turn my soul into muffin
In chat wrote: <Mika> ack my screen is filled with so much syriusness
<Syrius> like syriusly
<Mika> id say it should lighten up a little but your already a lightbulb
Bell
Site Admin

Post by Bell »

Okay, so all the work we've been doing on analysis and set 2 and generally living have left precious little time for things like handling the new website and actually writing this last night like I had originally planned.

On the upside, of course, this means Set 2 is closer than before which everyone can be more or less happy about. Keep those ideas coming, and remember to let me know if there's anything causing trouble in set 1.

Writing makes it easier for me to personally define some of the gameplay, but there's no way to do that quite often enough to pull a large amount of system analysis out of it.

And yes, I know curiouser is not technically a word.

Enjoy Episode 3.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
Bell
Site Admin

Post by Bell »

Been busy. In fact busy enough that I don't really have anything to say about Episode 4 other than 'hey here's Episode 4!'

Enjoy I hope.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
Bell
Site Admin

Post by Bell »

Been busy for a lot of reasons, which is sad since I actually have had the duel for Episode 5 waiting in my queue for quite some time. Since I woke up this morning at around 6, as planned, I settled in for the three hours of writing it takes to give you this, and there was success!

Right as I finished my internet came back on too!

From a writing and story perspective I'm actually happy with this one so I will hope that means everyone else will really enjoy it too and that my taste isn't just totally backward.

Hoping to get back to at least a standard rate of once per week, on Saturday mornings like this one.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
Sarius

Post by Sarius »

Read the first 2 episodes and its great :D
Nice to see Arielle Dumas at it again.
Bell
Site Admin

Post by Bell »

Finally got my chance to write Episode 6 even though it took me the whole weekend and there were quite a few interruptions. I'd have pasted it earlier but I decided to be a bit pickier than usual about the editing due to being out of practice.

Enjoy.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/