Something i imagined

SPAM GOES IN THIS PLACE. LOL.
Syrius

Something i imagined

Post by Syrius »

Soo, I was in the Room of Divine Inspiration (commonly reffered to as the bathroom) and I visualised the whole thing I described below, in two flashes, recognizable as the "stages" of the battle. I did not put this in Personal Arts because I don't really think it is Art and I did not attempt to make Art, but merely describe what I visualised.

He stood, watching, on the highest of the formations known as the Storm Peaks. At this height, the stench of sweat and blood from the battle below could not reach him. A mildly strong wind ruffled his feathers as he was looking down in the valley for an opponent.

The other Hawkmen were locked in tight combat with the assailants. Suddenly, from a forest patch to the right of the valley came a big, lumbering creature, letting out a fearsome roar. If his power wasn’t obvious enough judging by the size and the easiness with which he held his oversized mace, then the impact his appearance had on the morale of his allies was edifying.

The Hawkman leader spread his wings, eyed the newly arrived creature, then dived towards the valley, closing his wings near his body to accelerate his descent. Finally a worthwhile opponent had showed up. He did not care overly much about the creature other than because it represented a challenge, an opportunity to test himself and hone his abilities. He closed his eyes for a few moments, enjoying the liberating feeling of the fall, the opened them again and prepared to land. He spread his wings with just enough distance left so the landing wouldn’t hurt. He had barely reached the ground when two enemies rushed to “greet” him, axes in hand. Just as they were swinging their weapons toward where he was standing, he simply vanished from their view, only to reappear in front of the creature he wanted to fight. As the creature prepared to strike him, he started on a spin - wings closed tight to his back-, going around the creature’s right side and coming out of the spin with his sword striking at the creature’s back. Surprisingly, the brute had enough speed to turn his mace around and parry the slash. They stood there like that for a second, measuring their strength, sword against mace, then the Hawkman dived under the creature’s guard and struck upwards, delivering a killing blow. He rose to his feet, still focused on the creature that remained paralyzed for a moment, before falling backward with a loud thud. He noticed when it was too late that an enemy was charging at him from his left, axe raised with both hands above his head. As he was turning around toward his attacker, a winged silhouette dived from above and intercepted the blow, parrying with a sword. His Hawkman savior looked briefly toward him, throwing a reproachful “You overextended yourself” before finishing off the attacker. The leader responded with a gesture that could be interpreted as either a shrug or a nod, then took off, this time landing on a shorter peak, closer to the battle.

By now, the odds seemed to be favoring the defenders, with only pockets of resistance left across the valley. Despite that, the attackers were unrelenting. A regrouping of the assailants fighting on the left side of the valley allowed them to overwhelm the defenders, slaying two Hawkmen before charging towards the Peaks themselves. At this sight, the Hawkman leader reacted with anger. He started on another dive, feeling himself and the air around him charge up. He landed and immediately started running with extreme speed towards the closest creature in the swarm, leaving a lightning streak behind him as he did so. He slashed the first attacker then went into a half-spin before running towards the next creature, and then the next and the next. To an outside looker, it seemed as if the winged fighter was battling the entire swarm at the same time, a lightning trail connecting his positions. The image of him attacking the first creature was just fading as he finished killing the last one.

With this, the battle had been decided. The losses on the Regency side were incomparably smaller, yet they hurt, thought the leader. He looked at the ground where the two Hawkmen had been slain. That had been what caused his anger. He realized he had become quite attached to his Swiftfeathers in the short time since his appointment as their leader.

Weapons and names are sorta irrelevant, those were just stuff I filled up with afterwards.
Liesl wrote:turn my soul into muffin
In chat wrote: <Mika> ack my screen is filled with so much syriusness
<Syrius> like syriusly
<Mika> id say it should lighten up a little but your already a lightbulb
Bell
Site Admin

Re: Something i imagined

Post by Bell »

If anyone feels like, we can flesh this out and use it for Lore at some point. Either way it has inspired me to write the Hawkman lore but we'll have to see where that fits into my scheduling.
In chats wrote:<Wedjat> Why is there no function for converting "antagonizing fools" into "delightful servants"?
<ri> you don't have access to defool.exe?
<Wedjat> It would be an illegal operation.
<Bell> SIGGED
<Wedjat> \o/
Nerafim

Post by Nerafim »

Perfect. That really sung to me you know, I can relate to those feelings. So thank you for the read and I must say it makes me curious, I didn't know you liked such things too, and by that I mean Lightning, birdies, fast paced combat, and so forth.

Be that as it may, you imagined it well, and I can digg it. That leader character is one smooth motherfucker, and no doubt he is also very strong, wise, dashing, quite charming, stunningly good looking, with luck on his side and he's going places, but with a kind of aloof demeanor about it all. Hrhrhr....
Bell wrote:If anyone feels like, we can flesh this out and use it for Lore at some point. Either way it has inspired me to write the Hawkman lore but we'll have to see where that fits into my scheduling.
Do want!!
Syrius

Post by Syrius »

Nerafim wrote:That leader character is one smooth motherfucker, and no doubt he is also very strong, wise, dashing, quite charming, stunningly good looking, with luck on his side and he's going places, but with a kind of aloof demeanor about it all. Hrhrhr....

LOL =)) Precisely! As for combat, that is pretty much how i imagine it on the Lightning side, fast paced and all that. And it usually has to be smooth, almost as if it was coreographed. At first i didn't even realize this, but whenever i visualized something that could be my Avatar (it's easier for me to visualize then "convert" into words and abilities), it always had something that looked like either wings or a "blink pack" (device for short range teleportation on his back).
Liesl wrote:turn my soul into muffin
In chat wrote: <Mika> ack my screen is filled with so much syriusness
<Syrius> like syriusly
<Mika> id say it should lighten up a little but your already a lightbulb