Challenge Box Number 3

Make or Participate in Forum Games.
ZeroVash

Challenge Box Number 3

Post by ZeroVash »

Well i've been bored enough so i decided to trow in the third.

I decided to make this one Point based : Each question has 10 points. If you guess it righ the first time you win the 10 and for each wrong attempt you loose 1 point ^^
Good Luck.

P.S: Do not give the answers here.

A strange lock is before you.
1)To open this particular lock you must jump from number to number untill all the numbers have been chosen.
2)You can only jump to numbers that share at least a digit with the number you're currently on.

So for example:
11 21 32 22 -> You can do 32 -> 22 -> 21 -> 11.

Lock :

11 38 63
29 49 65
33 54 71

Three people played Memory with 20 total cards or 10 pairs.

Person A said : I matched 10 pairs in a row from the start.

Person B said : I matched 9 pairs in a row from the start.

Person C said : I matched 8 pairs in a row from the start.

Which one is lying?

There are 15 cookies to share amongst a large group.
The first person eats one cookie then passes two equal portions of the leftover cookies to two other people.
Then they both eat a cookie and then each pass two equal portions of their remaining cookies to two other people and so on until all the cookies are gone.

It takes one minute to eat a cookie. Ignoring the time it takes to pass them around, whats the shortest amount of time it could take for all of the cookies to be eaten?

There are 3 siblings: A,B and C

A says: I have one older brother and three younger sisters.
B says: I have two older brothers and two younger sisters.
C says: I have three older brothers and one younger sister.

For all of their statements to be true whats the smalles possible number of siblings there can be in the family?

Re: Challenge Box Number 3

Post by Guest »

ZeroVash wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:59 pm Well i've been bored enough so i decided to trow in the third.

I decided to make this one Point based : Each question has 10 points. If you guess it righ the first time you win the 10 and for each wrong attempt you loose 1 point ^^
Good Luck.

P.S: Do not give the answers here.

A strange lock is before you.
1)To open this particular lock you must jump from number to number untill all the numbers have been chosen.
2)You can only jump to numbers that share at least a digit with the number you're currently on.

So for example:
11 21 32 22 -> You can do 32 -> 22 -> 21 -> 11.

Lock :

11 38 63
29 49 65
33 54 71

Three people played Memory with 20 total cards or 10 pairs.

Person A said : I matched 10 pairs in a row from the start.

Person B said : I matched 9 pairs in a row from the start.

Person C said : I matched 8 pairs in a row from the start.

Which one is lying?

There are 15 cookies to share amongst a large group.
The first person eats one cookie then passes two equal portions of the leftover cookies to two other people.
Then they both eat a cookie and then each pass two equal portions of their remaining cookies to two other people and so on until all the cookies are gone.

It takes one minute to eat a cookie. Ignoring the time it takes to pass them around, whats the shortest amount of time it could take for all of the cookies to be eaten?

There are 3 siblings: A,B and C

A says: I have one older brother and three younger sisters.
B says: I have two older brothers and two younger sisters.
C says: I have three older brothers and one younger sister.

For all of their statements to be true whats the smalles possible number of siblings there can be in the family?

Post by Guest »

Person B, because it says by pair and the number 9 is an odd number which means doesn't have pairs.

Post by Guest »

Well done, took you 8 years to solve
-Zero

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:36 am.