Post by Syrius »

Name: Snowdrift Matrix
Type: Rune
Race: -
Quadrant: Affinity
Element: Ice
Cost: 2
Power: -
Effect: [Deplete 2]: Choose one of your creatures in the conflict. Whenever that creature attacks this turn, the attacked creature gets -2000 power.
Set: Secrets of Vrystales (CF-02)
Flavor Text: not yet available

Rulings: none so far.

Basics:
This is a rune. After it is deployed it remains in the Conflict. Whenever the rune's effect is used, the tempo required for it is payed (the cost of the effect is NOT reduced by creatures in the conflict) and the efect lasts until specified. Any creature that can attack can also attack a Rune, but the Rune will only be destroyed if the creature has strictly more than 2000 power at that point.
When a Rune would be destroyed by an attack, the Rune's owner can consume tempo equal to the Rune's cost to put it in hand instead.

Q1) If I activate the effect of Snowdrift Matrix multiple times on the same creature, does the effect stack?
A) Yes it does. For example, activating it twice on your same creature would make the attacked creature lose 4000 power.

Q2) If the creature that receives the effect of Snowdrift Matrix somehow attacks multiple creatures that turn, does the effect apply on all of them?
A) Yes, since Snowdrift states that the effect occurs whenever the creature attacks this turn. So for example, a creature that received this effect and that of Full Sail (or Streak Lightning) could attack multiple creatures and apply the power loss on all of the attacked creatures. The effect also applies on every attacked creature if they are attacked at the same time, as is the case with Bundle Beetle.

Q3) Does the power loss on the attacked creature dissapear at the end of the turn?
A) No it doesn't. The effect of Snowdrift Matrix states that your creature loses this ability at the end of the turn but it does not mention that the applied power loss also does.

Q4) What happens if I activate the effect of Snowdrift Matrix one or multiple times on one of my creatures and when I attack with it, the attacked creature gets to zero power or below due to power loss?
A) In such a case, the attacked creature is destroyed because it reached zero or less power and no battle with the attacked creature takes place. Even if the opponent blocks the attack, the attacked creature is still destroyed.
Liesl wrote:turn my soul into muffin
In chat wrote: <Mika> ack my screen is filled with so much syriusness
<Syrius> like syriusly
<Mika> id say it should lighten up a little but your already a lightbulb