Rin's Fanfics

Have stuff you created and want to share? Here is the place.
Rin

Rin's Fanfics

Post by Rin »

This is where I'll post the fics I write. This post is an index linking to each fic.

Naruto

Rin's casual shenanigans with some Naruto characters
Making an Entrance
A Real Ninja Uses Her Head

Story of Rin's childhood/upbringing
Spring's Source Part 1
Last edited by Rin on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:55 am, edited 9 times in total.
Rin

Making an Entrance

Post by Rin »

“Konohamaru!” Naruto shouted.

Kankuro held the child up by his shirt. “That hurt, brat.”

“Stop it. We're going to get scolded later.” Temari, behind him.

“I'm sorry, I was just joking around, so...” Sakura said appeasingly. Who were these people...?

“OI! Let go of him now!” exclaimed Naruto.

“So these guys are the Genins of Konoha...” Kankuro remarked. “I want to play around a bit before some nosy people come around.”

“Let go of me!” Konohamaru said, kicking and struggling futilely.

“You're really energetic, kid,” smirking.

Naruto fumed. “Why you...!!” He started to charge at the young man.

Kankuro moved his fingers in a peculiar way, and Naruto suddenly found himself on his back, painfully.

“What was that?!”

Sakura looked on in concern. Were these people from outside this country? Why were they here?

“Konohamaru...” Naruto said helplessly, getting to his feet.

“Konohamaru chan!”

“Konohamaru kun...” His two friends cried out for their companion.

“OI! If you don't let go of him, I'll make you regret it, kono baka!” Naruto blustered. Only to be caught in a neck-lock from behind. “You're the idiot!” Sakura whispered in his ear. “What are you gonna do if you make him mad?”

“You piss me off. I hate short people anyway. And you're so impertinent for someone younger than me.

“It makes me want to break you.”

Gasps.

Temari just sighed. “I'm not going to be responsible for what you do.”

“After this short kid, the short kid over there is next.” He raised his fist, preparing to strike the child.

His eyes suddenly widened as he narrowly dodged an incoming kunai, dropping the child by necesssity.
The group's eyes turned to the boughs of a nearby tree, finding there a turquoise-haired young woman sitting casually in a short cut yukata, giving a little wave and wearing a cheerful smile.

"Hii~iii~! Now, I know this isn't my village, but..." her expression faded into only the slightest 'smile', with hardened eyes. "You're not gonna be hurting any children, now are you." She immediately resumed her cheery demeanor with a playful grin.

Kankuro gave a disdainful, angry grimace. "Another kid that pisses me off.... Hey, come down, kid, if
you think you can tell me what to do."

The strange assailant/savior obliged, leaping from the branch in an agile, twisting arc, landing in an easy crouch and proceeding to stand up to his challenger with that same cheery expression. “Hey, shorties rule!”

Kankuro furrowed his brow. "Wait... are you a guy?? Tch, whatever, like it matters..." He began to loosen his back straps.

"Hey! You're going to use Karasu?"

The Sand ninja freed his mysterious load, dropping it to the ground with a palpable thud -- simultaneously, however, Kankuro and his... thing, were seemingly bound together in an instant by invisible wires, his arms trapped at his sides. Immediately, two kunai came darting through the air at the young male.

Kankuro's eyes widened, then narrowed as the boy's form collapsed into water as the kunai hit their mark.

"Wa --" He let out a pained exhalation as the boy seemingly reappeared out of thin air, punching him in the gut, hard -- lifting him off the ground ever so slightly.

The black clad ninja's companions looked on in obvious surprise. How...?

The boy cheerfully dusted off his hands.

"Well, now you have a little taste of what might happen if you try that again, ne?" Another cheerful grin and wave, and the strange boy did a backflip over the nearby fence, just as a gust of wind passed through with a flutter of leaves.

"Come on, let's go..." Sakura tugged at the three children, uneasily departing the scene. Naruto followed with a confused expression. Sasuke followed suit, after a last meaningful glance at the ninja still doubled over clutching his belly in pain.

"Genjutsu." Sasuke said abruptly, when the three had settled down somewhere else, the children having run off to wherever. Sakura gave an inquiring glance.

"He used genjutsu to hide his attack.... He must have been nearby, forming the seals from hiding and coming in to strike that guy at a run, granting additional power and the element of surprise. Usually genjutsu are more prolonged and in-depth illusions, but this technique gives the opponents minimal time to see through it."

Saruka looked deep in thought. "But where did the wire come from?"

Sasuke was quiet a moment, before speaking again, with closed eyes. "That showy flip he did when he
jumped down from the tree... he must have been laying the wire down around his target in that moment. perhaps fixed to that initial kunai. As for why no one saw the wire... I do not know."

"Hm... Well, he must be a ninja from the Land of Water... that water clone technique was the same one Zabuza used...” She looked up at the sky thoughtfully. What a strange person... but thank you.
Rin

A Real Ninja Uses Her Head

Post by Rin »

"Yooshh! Time for some well-deserved Ichiraku ramen! I can almost taste it!"

Kankuro stepped out onto the path, cracking his knuckles. "Hehehehn. Look who it is. And there's no weirdo around to save you this time. Not that I wouldn't kick that kid's ass too. You don't get the jump on Kankuro twi --"

"Yo!" The groups eyes turned towards the approaching figure in the distance. A boy in a short-cut white and blue yukata, waving cheerfully.

"Hohhhh~? You going to fight?" A bright smile. "Okay, I'm in!"

"Fine by me, go ahead and use up all your tricks for nothing." Smirk.

"Tricks? Oh, no. I'll just kick your ass with taijutsu."

He growled... then smirked, manipulating his fingers. Rin flew up by his feet with a "WHOOOO! Oi OI! Kono HENTAI!" Suspended upside down in midair, he held his yukata hem down, with a blushing, angry look. His arms were immediately bound to his sides.

"Euchh, as if..." He drew a kunai with a sly grin. "Fitting, don' t you think?" regarding the prone ninja. He sprung into movement.

"You better have a clone again, for your sake...!"

"NO! WEIRDO!" Naruto yelled out in panic.

"WHOOOOO!" The boy suddenly drew his body up towards his feet, just as naruto came charging in. Kankuro deflected Naruto's punch, but whatever he was going to say or do was cut short. BLAM!

"ITTTEEEEEETETETE -- ooff!" Rin collapsed in a heap on the ground as his invisible bonds loosened, wincing and rubbing his head with tears in his eyes.

"That's it... KARASU!!" The ninja put his palms together, and his wrapped burden unfurled in a sudden flurry.

"KORRRAAA!" Still sitting on the ground, Rin acrobatically swirled in a rapid leg sweep, while at the same time swinging into standing position -- as Kankuro and his newly freed puppet toppled to the ground.

"Huuuuua OHHHH!" Rin took a large windup kick, driving his foot mercilessly into his opponent's unguarded rear end. "TAIJUTSU!!!"

"AAAAHHH!! DAMMIT, YOU BRAT!"

Rin put his fists up loosely, jumping lightly from foot to foot, with pursed lips and a furrowed brow.

"IKEE!!" A knifed had flew from underneath the puppet's cloak as Rin narrowly dodged, arching his back with a comedic expression of panic on his face. He transitioned into a quick roll and backflip, then gathered himself, clearing his throat.

"HEEEEEEELp!!" Rin begain to flee with flailing arms. "EEEEEEEEK!! A foreign ninja is attacking me with a scary puppet!!"

Kankuro and Naruto just looked on in confusion.

"Hey...." It was a Konoha ninja on duty. "Just what do you think you're doing."

Kankuro threw a look of frustration in the direction his wily opponent had disappeared into.
Last edited by Rin on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rin

Spring's Source Part 1

Post by Rin »

Rin was a son of a carpenter -- an irrationally strict, controlling, and aggressive/intimidating man, who seemed to think of his children as lesser beings bound to his will, as their 'father'. Rin was too proud and headstrong to go along with it in spirit, even if he felt forced to in body. Inevitably he often tried to do what he wanted in secret as he could, but for the most part he was controlled in every aspect of his life.

He wanted to become a ninja, but his father would hear nothing of it, stating that he would work for his business. He knew even if he found someplace to run away to in the village, his father would come after him and drag him back if he had to.

At some point, he spent some time talking with people who were familiar with local flora, their medicinal properties and edibility, as well as some hunting techniques. After preparing some basic survival supplies, he set out.

He travelled to nearby villages, but they one after the other turned the dirty-looking pauper away. Rage and frustration built up in him, at the coldness and shallowness of people, feeling helplessly affected by their selfish whims.

At some point, cold, hungry, tired, and disspirited, he gave up completely. This carried on for a long while. Until on one day of the almost-mindless hell of hopelessness and despair, he rose shakily to his feet. 'Ninja. How nice. I want to be better. Have more.'

He tried some improvised martial arts movements -- punches, kicks, steps, rolls -- but soon found himself overcome with weakness and exhaustion. He then resolved to a course of hunting and gathering to regain is strength. While at rest, he often recalled some of the stories he had read in his time in the village. He imagined what he could have done in different scenarios, using stealth, deception, preparation, tools, and all the cunning he could muster.

At one point, during some martial arts practice, he was becoming quite bored with it all. Tired physically and mentally, tired in a way that no amount of rest could remedy -- these days operating mostly on unthinking impulse -- he began to weakly make slow, flowy movements, almost like a dance. His hands made arcs and dips in a slow, endless flow.... 'How nice....'

Without really thinking about it, he began incorporating these pleasant movements into his combat practice.
"Ah, pleasant day for a walk in the woods, it is. A little lunch and then I'll be on my way." As the old man crouched to open his bag, he suddenly paused. "Hm? That was...." He moved calmly, purposefully through the forest. Silently.
Looking beyond the foliage of nearby saplings, his eyebrows raised slightly, followed by a small smirk.
Rin hadn't noticed the man's approach. He was too tired. And he was too tired to especially care that he hadn't noticed. He sat with his head on his knees, panting shallowly. 'I don't know... if I can keep this stuff up....'

"Hello there, young lady." Rin looked up with a worn out expression.

"H... Hi."

The man gave a kind smile and nod, then a slight look of surprise passed over his face. He blushed a bit with another smile. "Oh, apologies, I thought you were a female."

"Mh."

'Wait... why was this guy pleasantly greeting some grubby kid in the wilderness?' Rin's posture stiffened slightly, his face gaining a sense of focus.

"Oh, I mean you no harm. I was just taken in with your little performance there!"

"performance...? Oh, I was just doing... some fighting practice..."

"Oh? I've never seen one such as that before, isn't that interesting."

The boy gave a little sigh -- a sad sigh, he realized -- then took a gulp from his battered waterskin.

"Isn't it dangerous out here? There's no telling what kinda folk you might run into in a place like this.... Hey, where do you live? You look like you could use a nice bath, you do. And smell it," with a humorous wink.

At the man's words, Rin gave an earnest, attentive look, then another sad little sigh. "This is where I live, gramps. Not much soap out here."

"Oh, come now. Why don't you come with me and get a nice hot bath and a warm meal in you!"

Rin gave a suspicious look. "A 'warm meal in me', huh.... Hmph, I guess I can't really refuse at this point. But just so you know, I bring my own 'cutlery'." He casually revealed a good-sized knife tucked into a belt.

"Is that so...? Well, I'm afraid your 'cutlery' is due for a bit of sharpening." Another wink.

"I never said this is all I have."

The man waved his hand dismissively. "Hrm, enough of this. The offer stands, and besides, I could use some company on my way back home."

Rin rose with an incoherent grumble, and began to follow the man with cumbersome steps. Then he knew no more.
king_of_duel

Re: Rin's Fanfics

Post by king_of_duel »

NicE :)
“Those who have courage and faith shall never perish in misery”