Rijato's Story Run of Pokemon Expert Emerald

Have stuff you created and want to share? Here is the place.
Burner

Rijato's Story Run of Pokemon Expert Emerald

Post by Burner »

Expert Emerald Story Run
The Rules of the Run
  • Expert Emerald is a Pokemon Hack made by Suicune, info of this hack can be found here.The general idea of this hack is that the difficulty and balance of the game has been improved by a lot, and certain Pokemon that have weird evolution requirements now only require a certain level or stone.
  • Limit to 5 extra Pokeballs on me. If I pick up an extra, I must drop one.
  • Pokemon cannot be evolved unless their happiness is high. Bug Pokemon are however exempt from this rule.
  • My Pokemon's level may not exceed the level of the next Gym's lowest Pokemon. This will prevent me from over-leveling and create a more tense environment for battles.
Last edited by Burner on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burner

CHAPTER 1: Making New Friends

Post by Burner »

The back of the truck rumbled up and down, the road causing the contents to rattle in place, though they had no risk of falling onto the occupant. Rijato was relaxed on the blanket that his Mom had an idea for him to do. It was a long drive, and taking a nap or reading while comfortably laying down and able to stretch out was ideal and actually a bit enjoyable for a trip that would have been otherwise miserable. The truck came to a long stop, and Rijato realized that it meant they finally got to their new house. The backdoor was unlocked and pulled open, and Rijato jumped out to land on the new dirt in front of his new home. He was greeted by the smiling face of his mother.

Rijato looked over at the new house, his mom walking inside. It was cozy. Nothing too flashy, but the architecture was certainly much different from where he used to live. Dad's Pokemon were already hard at work carrying the boxes into the house. Rijato couldn't help but feel a bit bad about having them help out, but they seemed more than happy to do so. His mom was already taking off her shoes by the door when he walked inside.

Mom: We already had your room set up since your stuff was in the last truck. Go on, and let me know what you think.
Rijato: Yeah, sure.

Rijato wasn't really one for a lot of words when it came to his family. He was serious in nature, though he had sarcastic thoughts, he usually kept them to himself around his mom and dad. He walked up the carpeted stairs and down the hall to his left was his new room. He could tell because his things were already in it.

Rijato: It's simple, just how I like it. It's almost too big, though.

He got busy plugging in his TV and computer, arranging everything else how he wanted it. He was about to head back downstairs when his mom walked in.

Mom: I know it's at least bigger than your old one.
Rijato: It's fine, mom. Thanks.
Mom: Glad you like it, son. I'll be downstairs if you need me.

Rijato sighed to himself once his mom left. He took one more glance around his room before head back down himself.

ImageImage

And sure enough, there he was on the big screen. He was facing some unknown trainer, but it was obvious that his father "Norman" was the star of the show. The challenger seemed to not have any chance, quickly losing in only a few exchanges. His mom beside him was of course, his biggest cheerleader. She was celebrating more than anyone when it was clear that Dad had won. Once she calmed down, the broadcast over, she turned to Rijato.

Mom: Oh! I just remembered. One of your father's closest friends lives here.

Rijato: Do I have to right now at this moment?
Mom: Yes, you do. It won't kill you to be a bit friendly to your new neighbors. I even heard he has a daughter around your age.

Rijato's mom couldn't help but give her son a teasing poke with a wink.

Rijato: *Groan.* Mom, I'm being friendly right no--
Mom: Great! I knew you'd come to reason.

His mom gave him a hug and pushed him out the door before he could respond. Rijato stood there at the front of his house, bewildered. The door slammed shut behind him. Seems like he was going to have to play nice and go meet the neighbors.

Rijato: This must be the place.

He knocked on the door and heard a middle-aged woman's voice telling him to come on in. She sounded as cheery and impossible as his mother, so he took a deep breath before coming inside. She was much younger than his mom, but it was clear she was a mother herself. She walked her way toward him to greet him with a hug, which caught Rijato off guard. He didn't know how to react to that at all.

Birch's Wife: My husband had said your family would be moving in today. I didn't expect to see you here so soon!
Rijato: Yeah... My mom said I should stop over.
Birch's Wife: Well, that was sweet of her. I bet you came over to meet May, our daughter? She's about your age.
Rijato: I guess. I can always come back if she's busy.
Birch's Wife: Oh, I'm sure she's not doing anything right now. And... it would be nice if she made some friends. All she does is hang out with her father, I fear she'll miss out in hanging out with people her own age.

That was a bit too much information for Rijato. He wasn't cold-hearted, but he just met these people. He didn't want to be obligated to make promises already.

Birch's Wife: Her room is the first door you see.
Rijato: Alright, thanks.

He made his way upstairs and the door was already open, so he walked inside with a knock on the door frame. No answer.

Rijato: Guess she's not here.
???: Oh, is... is someone there?

A girl emerged from across the hall. Seems she was in the bathroom down the hall when he came up.

Rijato: Ah, yeah. I'm Rijato. Just moved in today in the house across from yours.

Her eyes brightened up with realization, and the worry of some stranger invading her room disappeared. She came out and extended her hand. Rijato grasped it. She still seemed nervous.

May: Did you meet my dad yet?
Rijato: No, not yet. He wasn't downstairs when I came in.
May: Oh. I know he really wanted to meet you. Seems him and your dad really go back, as he wouldn't shut up about it. *Giggle.*
Rijato: Dads can be like that. You know when he might be around?
May: I can do one better. Since he goes out to do his research out on the field a lot, Mom had him keep a tracking device enabled on his phone. We can just see on the computer where he is right now.

May: Oh! He is just heading out the town. You could probably catch him if you leave now.
Rijato: Oh, cool. I'll be out then. Nice meeting you!

He was already down the stairs and out the door, but he was sure May said it was nice meeting him too. He didn't know why he was rushing to meet this guy. He reasoned that it was probably to get this over with. But he couldn't help but feel something else was making him push forward. He was at the edge of the town when a concerned-looking little girl caught his attention. The professor would have to wait.

Rijato: Hey, are you okay?
Girl: Yeah, but I heard some yelling out there like someone was in trouble.

Rijato: I see. I'll go check it out then.
Girl: But, do you have any Pokemon either? That's dangerous!
Rijato: I'll be fine.

Another yell, this time for Rijato to hear, cut their conversation short. He was ran toward the sounds of distress, following the path out into the wilderness. He came upon a middle-aged man in a white coat being chased around by an angry Zigzagoon. Rijato wanted to just walk away as it was sort of embarrassing for the man, but he caught the eye of the stranger before he could do so.

Man: Hurry, in my bag is a Pokemon! Use it to get this thing off me!

Rijato dashed quickly to the bag, skidding to stop. He opened the bag, taking out the Pokeball. He could see it was a Growlithe. He tossed it in the direction of the Zigzagoon.

Rijato: Growlithe, go! Knock out that Zigzagoon!

The Growlithe growled and barked at the other Pokemon, which caught it's attention away from the stranger. The fire Pokemon dashed at the offending Pokemon, able to clamp it's jaws against the Zigzagoon's neck before it could get away from the vicious attack.

The Growlithe retreated back into Pokeball which shot back to his hand. Rijato wondered how they did that, staring at the Pokeball in astonishment. The stranger came up to him, a relieved smiled on his face, and clasped a hand onto his shoulder. Now looking at him, the man was pretty burly.

ImageImage

Rijato: It was really no problem. Anyone who came by would've done the same. And probably with their own Pokemon.
Man: You don't have one? The way you handled that, I thought you were a trainer.
Rijato: No, I just moved into the town south of here. Hadn't had time to catch one.

The man seemed to be studying him. It was beginning to creep Rijato out. Then the much larger man gripped a hold of both of Rijato's shoulders. This sent off many alarms in his head.

Man: I can see it clearly now.
Rijato: See... it?
Man: Yes. You are almost the splitting image of your father when he was your age.

The big bear-like man tossed his head back and bellowed out a hearty laugh. Rijato was just relieved that the stranger wasn't about to do something weird to him. The man obviously caught wind of Rijato confusion and just grinned at the young man.

Man: I'm Professor Birch, a close friend of your father's.
Rijato: Ah! To think you were the guy I was supposed to meet. Though, I thought you were a Professor of Pokemon? Why was a Zigzagoon giving you that much trouble.
Erm... Let's forget about that.

The man took off before he could say anything back. Rijato noticed soon after that he was still holding onto the Pokeball that contained the Growlithe. Looks like he would have to visit the lab to return the Pokemon anyways. The lab wasn't too far from home when he returned to Little Root Town. The labwas much bigger than any other building in town, so it was hard to miss. He walked inside through the double doors, and it seemed the professor was waiting for him.

Birch: The way you battled earlier.

Rijato: I don't really feel like I did anything. Growlithe did all the work.
Birch: It is because you recognize that, that shows you'll be a great trainer.
Rijato: Here's your Pokemon back, by the way.
Birch: Keep him. That can be your first Pokemon. You said you needed one anyways.
Rijato: What? No way. That's way too kind.
Birch: I feel as if you were meant to have that Pokemon with how you well you battled with him earlier.

Rijato: I really don't know what to say.
Birch: Just say thanks. And don't forget to give him a nickname.
Rijato: .. Thanks. And I think I'll name him...

Rijato: ... Chariot.
Gohar

Re: Rijato's Story Run of Pokemon Expert Emerald

Post by Gohar »

Rijato: Ah! To think you were the guy I was supposed to meet. Though, I thought you were a Professor of Pokemon? Why was a Zigzagoon giving you that much trouble.
Erm... Let's forget about that. <= lol XD
Chariot <= really? interesting
how did you get a Growlith in the start!!!!!!!!!!!! I've played this game and the starting pokemon are: Torchic, Treecko and Mudkip.
[10:37] < ri> his name is gohar
[10:37] < ri> cause he go hard
[10:37] < ri> playing discard
[10:37] < ri> no holds barred
[10:37] < ri> got that killa deck
[10:37] < ri> ya'll hit the deck
[10:37] < ri> but before you check
[10:37] < ri> it's way too late
[10:37] < ri> you already lost, mate