Alternate CF Color Scheme

Have stuff you created and want to share? Here is the place.
Rin

Alternate CF Color Scheme

Post by Rin »

I put together a color scheme for CF elements/quadrants that I prefer and will probably use myself, and thought I may as well share it. I find the existing dual-gradient scheme a bit clunky and mentally awkward in a few ways. I thought to more intuitively differentiate the 'element' colors from the 'quadrant' colors by making the latter more subdued, as well as having a bit more consistency and simplicity by always having quadrants be derivative of their primary element. Also I find Quadrant rarely comes up in gameplay, so I find it more mentally streamlined to simplify and 'background' it.

I shifted some of the element colors around as well, with purple for lightning as per Final Fantasy XI. I prefer light blue for ice, and yellow for radiance over the grey.

I also put together a format that makes it easy to mass produce custom images with templates while relegating race and effect to the in-game text, which I believe is what most people use for the most part anyway. Also makes good use of the simplified quadrant scheme. I remembered I also always wanted to make the card data more efficient for when it's sized-down on the field.

I kept the Quadrants dark to get optimal contrast with the white power number to really try to get that sized-down clarity. Intensity of color will still remain the inherent distinction between elements and Quadrants. Note that the size-downs are more pixellated in-game than this. This is the design I like best so far and will likely put into use for myself.

Samples using images for personal use only.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image