Antebellum Matrix

Review the cards. Articles by Advanced players for single cards here.
dorphadios1

Antebellum Matrix

Post by dorphadios1 »

ANTEBELLUM MATRIX

Type: Rune
Race:
Quadrant: Affinity
Element: Wind
Cost: 2
Power: 0
Effect:[Deplete 1]: Choose one of your creatures in the conflict, it gains "Whenever this creature is blocked no battle happens. Both creatures remain exhausted in the conflict" until the end of the turn.
Set: 2
Flavour text:Not yet available

The Element
The creatures of Wind are dedicated to versatility.Wind is best at building up quickly and assisting in swarming the opponent before they can set up enough of a defense to counteract this, but sometimes there is a deficit in other abilities or power. In terms of supporting Antebellum's element, its low cost allows players to quickly bring forth their more effective creatures through Cost Reduction, before her effect is even considered. Its is one of the lowest costed creatures in Wind, and also works relatively well with other creatures and effects from her Quadrant as well as just her element.

Combat Ability
Since Antebellum is a rune,it has no power of its own and cannot battle independently.better suited to quickly scouting ahead and helping her allies.Wind or not, find their way into the conflict more quickly. With some special effect to boost the ability in combat of her allies.Even then, often she simply distracts enemy blockers or sometimes their attackers, long enough to get the job done.With a card of power say 6000 or 7000 and damage 2,combining the efect of Antebellum,it would be real threat for the opposition player.It is part of a greater force that often increases power of its fighters.its effect is much more greater against a deck full of blockers where u seek a chance to attack and build on some pressure early on.

Effect
effect is directly powerful and most destructing against blockers, is where she shines. Most decks contain at least a few cards that are only situationally useful, and often, even very early in a game, a player can tell which of their cards they are not likely to need.Well as long as it is in the battle,it can be a real threat for opposition.More importantly, even if all the cards in hand could be useful, simply jumping ahead one turn to the ability to put a higher cost creature into play swiftly may completely turn the tide or set things in motion for a higher pressure on the opponent overall.It is also very effective in the middle stage of the game where players generally start breaking grid points and when lost a few grid points,they try to defend it with their blockers.Even if the deck we are using is a rush,as the rule says,if blocked by any creature no matter how much power,no battle will happen and the creature would stay in the battle

While its effect is very attacking,it is not effective on cards like Archaic rumble as it cannot be chosen and the effect of Antebellum matrix does not get to it.It can be used with Swift peregrine as it cannot be attacked and with antebellum matrix's power,it can be used to build early pressure on the opposition.

Ratings

Normal: 7/10
While its effect is really nice, lack of combat ability begins to become a hindrance as the duel stretches out, as it poses no threat to the opponent that forces them to remove it quickly.It does not have any power to battle and hence,to continue using its power,the player has to protect it all the time which is a tough job.
Tournament: 8/10
At higher competitive levels she may not be worth adding if your deck has a very cohesive strategy. Generally, unless your strategy is speed, you are better off looking for more cost reduction within your chosen elements, particularly cost reduction that will not pressure your hand size.It actually depends upon the player and his choice if he wants to add it.It would be a good choice for a rush deck
Random: 8/10
In the RND duel type KP offers, there are very few times where one would not be glad to see Antebellum, especially early on. its effect is wonderful but its low combat capacity quickly ceases to matter as long as there are other cards to somehow back up or protect her.

Overall: 8/10
A decent base card, certainly worth considering for any deck that intends to either build or swarm quickly, especially within the Affinity Quadrant, even if the deck itself is not heavily based around Wind. Suggested for use by newer players to help them test their deck ideas while giving them a fallback method for utilizing any cards that they realize are not actually useful to them.
dorphadios1

Re: Antebellum Matrix

Post by dorphadios1 »

Bell ma'am,if my FAQ is all right so can I get my next card?
Night_Master

Post by Night_Master »

dorphadios1 wrote:Bell ma'am,if my FAQ is all right so can I get my next card?
umm.. pardon me for the intrusion. if bell told u to write it like this then fine.. but..
Honestly is it a FAQ?

Coz to me its like an article... (i may be wrong.. if so plz overlook my post)
Returned from the land of the Dead to retrieve whats rightfully mine.
dorphadios1

Post by dorphadios1 »

Bell and kyukei hav both written d same way so i thought it would be better than the previous format
Night_Master

Post by Night_Master »

Looks to me like they are articles.. :ugeek:

FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions

And i find no questions here...

The article is good. but its not an faq... IF i am not wrong.
dorphadios1

Post by dorphadios1 »

well i don't really think so after reading this article anyone would have any questions.I almost covered up all the points in this
Syrius

Post by Syrius »

The format you used is the one that was adopted for card articles. Here you will find example FAQs. Not trying to undermine your efforts or anything, just making it clear. If you intended to make a card article, you're fine; but if your aim was an FAQ, you really should try to form card related questions and give answers to them.

The form of card articles differs from that of FAQs because their purpose is different.
FAQs try to clarify issues that might occur when using a certain card, like how a sequence of effects takes place or interactions with other cards. They have a "question + answer" form because when you have a certain question, you just want the answer given to you. When making FAQs you also need to keep in mind that newbies will often use them when a misunderstanding occurs in a duel or simply when trying out a card new to them.
Card articles on the other hand are meant to offer deeper insight into how a card is useful in the grander scheme of things, so to speak. You look at various aspects of the card, strategies it fits into and how it fares into the different play formats.
It's not a good idea, in my opinion, to mix the two of them. Different purpose, different delivering method...

That aside, your card article has grammatical errors that I suggest you work on. Also, I believe that in "The Element" section you talk about how Antebellum Matrix is a low cost creature and how it helps with Cost Reduction. Antebellum Matrix is in fact a Rune and it does not influence the Cost Reduction of other cards.
dorphadios1 wrote:effect is directly powerful and most destructing against...
I must also question you word choice a little bit, since for example, this Rune doesn't seem all that destructive to me. A more fitting word might be "efficient".
Liesl wrote:turn my soul into muffin
In chat wrote: <Mika> ack my screen is filled with so much syriusness
<Syrius> like syriusly
<Mika> id say it should lighten up a little but your already a lightbulb
Night_Master

Post by Night_Master »

I completely agree with Syrius..
We respect ur effort.. :)
But its an article..