Ready, Aim, FIRE!

cap'n

Ready, Aim, FIRE!

Post by cap'n »

Gather your pistols, rifles, shotguns and bazookas, friends, we are about to begin our training in target practice!

*I'd like to recommend opening up Kirricorp Portal as you can read up on any cards I mention that I do not go into excruciating detail with*

Within Chaos Fractal there is a fundamental mechanic that restricts creatures to only being able to attack an enemy creature if that opposing creature is Exhausted. When a creature becomes Exhausted it is either from after they attack or from a seperate card effect like Shinanigan or Quickfire Sedative. Yet, there is a special way to bypass this mechanic by utilizing card effects that allow you to attack Ready creatures. This special card effect, though limited, resides mostly within the Fire element and are named; Steady Aim, Tipara, Torch Runner, Kinwing Dragon, Porquer Chartreuse and Sienna Startle. During your time here and as you read, I will be describing each one and how it performs in their environment with detailed help on how to successfully manage them each with finesse.

Firstly, I'd like to explain a term I will be using somewhat excessively. The term Conflict Control refers to being able to create pressure and deal with opposing creatures in a timely and efficient manor. A card such as Impel End is a very simple example of what I mean when I say Conflict Control. I will be using this term to describe how effects that allow you to target Ready creatures can give you an advantage because by targeting threatening creatures, you can successfully manipulate the conflict to stunt the opponents growth while excelling your own and eventually into breaking Grid Points and winning the game. The deck archetype that will take most advantage of this term is one called Aggro. This archetype likes to efficiently dwindle the opponents growth with head-to-head battling.

Now, we will start off with the very versatile spell;
Steady Aim
Cost: 2
Element: Fire
Effect: Choose one of you creatures in the conflict. It can attack ready creatures this turn.
[Deplete 1]: While attacking a creature, the chosen creature can't be blocked.

Being such a low cost spell you can see just how applicable it can be within any sort of deck environment. Especially when the opponent is not expecting it, this can give an edge in Conflict Control that allows you to change the state of the game in your favor. By targeting crucial components of your opponents progression you can start to dwindle down their conflict pressure, cost reduction and their ability to win the game. We all know that you need creatures to win the game and by being able to target an opposing creature if the opponent is building up a field with a couple Blockers and important creatures, you can use the [Deplete 1] effect to bypass any Blockers. Reiterated, a very versatile card that can be used with cards such as Runesmith Sergei, Kraken Eleganto, Bundle Beetle, Romulus, Hyperion Weapon, Hypothermia and Aegia Expi for an efficient way of dealing with any type of opposing creature. By also combining with cards that boost power like Kelita, the Battlehymn, Fair Wind and Testament Roar you can successfully win the battle against many different types of threatening creatures. Even when you think in terms of your deck progression you can see that even something like a turn one Meryl Maid, a turn two Apprentice Warmage Spectra into a turn three Steady Aim could hinder the opponents progression while only extending a little bit of yourself. Successfully manipulating this cards potential can enable you to further your growth while halting the opponents in the early, mid or late game of the duel.

Next, I would like to talk about the creature who inspires other creatures;
Tipara, Torch Runner
Cost: 6
Race: Aztotl
Power: 4000
Effect: Whenever this creature attacks, choose one of your other creatures in the conflict. That creature can attack ready creatures this turn.

An interesting reaction occurs between this Aztotl and other creatures that show just how scary this Olympian can be. Action Bolt, Aruka, Ambuscadara, Runesmith Sergei, Skylia, Indura and a many wide variety of other creatures can be used with Tipara, Torch Runner for maximum effect yet other simple tactics can range from Cost Reduction to release this creature as early as turn four and the combination with Born Ready previously mentioned as well as others like the amazing progression into Balamar, Ruler of the Skies for a quick kill and even an early Bailarina Storm followed by Tipara, Torch Tunner. With speed, high power and even inside a slow momentum deck that can utilize the Tipara, Torch Runner, you can deal with many things throughout the entire pace of the game. This creature is an inspiring one that creates a presence so strong that if the opponent has no way to deal with her you can outright dominate the entire field.

Here, we have the brother Salamanders who love to get into confrontations, especially together. I will be summarizing these two very similar creatures in one paragraph to save space, time and to avoid arthritis.
Sienna Startle
Cost: 4
Race: Salamander
Power: 3500
Effect: [Consume 1]: This creature can attack ready creatures.

Porquer Chartruese
Cost: 3
Race: Salamander
Power: 2000
Effect: [Consume 1]: This creature can attack ready creatures.

These brothers create an intense amount of pressure for the opponent because of their early game presence. Porquer Chartruese combined with a turn one Espy Arrow and into a turn three Sienna Startle can be combined with cards like No Sudden Moves, Fair Wind, Cobalt Merkez for an insane amount of creature wipe ranging in a wide field of power. Cobalt Merkez, the Leader of the Salamanders give a great continuous power advantage to your brothers especially when combined with any other power up cards like Morning Glory. Also when combining the Salamanders with cards Sables Duress, Ambuscadara, Full Sail you can wipe an entire field and drastically set back the opponent. A deck that focuses on the Salamanders or just uses a couple like these brothers to pressure the opponent will result in Conflict Control that can be a very big dangerous nightmare for the opponent.

My special friend and Leader of the majestic Phoenix race, the Kinwing Dragon has been my very close counterpart in these chaotic wars.
Kinwing Dragon
Cost: 4
Race: War Dragon
Power: 2500
Effect: [Leader: Phoenix]
When you use this creature's Leader effect, it gets +1000 power and 'This creature can attack ready creatures' until the start of your next turn.

I am absolutely in love with this card for how amazingly quick it can give you an advantage in Conflict Control by progressing your own growth in pressure while hindering your opponents. From the very first turns of the game you can start to gain pressure by utilizing the Phoenix race. An early start in your progression with cards like Espy Arrow, Surprise Kite and La Bomba followed by Kinwing Dragon can cause the opponent to panic from the very start of the game. Utilizing tactics in psychological warfare as well as guerrilla warfare, this devastatingly nasty dragon can even be combined with the great help of some of our heavily mentioned and favorite cards that boost power like; Fair Wind, Flash Ignition, Testament Roar, Captain Jai Black and Morning Glory. Many of these cards can be used to successfully gain Conflict Control with Kinwing Dragon and in its own environment neither one is more appropriate than the other. By utilizing the powerful early game Kinwing Dragon has and giving great support, Kinwing Dragon will fly high and mighty in the warm sky.

I may have been a bit repetitive but it is because I wanted to fully divulge each creatures advantage and how it associates with Conflict Control. Pressure, momentum, stability and the understanding of card mechanics can be a very efficient way to utilize these types of creatures and excel in dominating the conflict. Always remember that there will be cards like Al Dente, Swift Peregrine and Wooly Bully as well as card mechanics such as Toxic and Honor to be cautious about. This creates a need for cards such as Flashing Pan, Impel End, Air Cannon, etc. and always remember that a deck that wants to be efficient in Conflict Control needs many different ways to deal with a wide variety of creatures.

I hope this article helped out! Here is a list of almost a dozen deck references for you too!

Deck References;
Plasma Bomb by Bell
Burning Sky by cap'n
Meteor Sharks by Syrius
Prismatic Ocean by Kyuukei
Black Ash Fire by Bell
Persistent Onslaught by Deified_Cupcake
Mushroom Kingdom by Mikara
Sparking Forge by Kariston
zhango el jugador by cap'n
Magician's Red by Kyuukei
Last edited by cap'n on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
l bear l

Re: Ready, Aim, FIRE!

Post by l bear l »

Nice read! Not repetitive...I find that the best articles make me want to go run and build a deck, and this did just that. So kudos!
Black Ash Fire is awesome! how'd i miss that ?
Burning Sky & Metoer Sharks are top favs, they're all great really.
Can't wait for more. =]
[23:51] <Liesl> tcs in his mouth pizza
Deified Cupcake

Post by Deified Cupcake »

Agreed with bear. I wasn't aware of some of these inspiring combos. Thanks for sharing this article!
cap'n

Post by cap'n »

I'm happy I was able to divulge this information in such a simple way. Very glad to inspire others and I hope I captured the basis of the mechanic here. Really excited to see what happens and what more I can do to help out. Thanks for the comments, will always be looking for more. :]
Gohar

Post by Gohar »

I really love the style and terminology of Conflict Control, quite helpful, but I'd also like if you could mention on how to manage the consuming effect of the salamander brothers.
Great article Capn :)
[10:37] < ri> his name is gohar
[10:37] < ri> cause he go hard
[10:37] < ri> playing discard
[10:37] < ri> no holds barred
[10:37] < ri> got that killa deck
[10:37] < ri> ya'll hit the deck
[10:37] < ri> but before you check
[10:37] < ri> it's way too late
[10:37] < ri> you already lost, mate