Game Review

Gohar

Game Review

Post by Gohar »

This is my personal Game review of Chaos Fractal.

Everyone has left kp after DM was removed but not many stuck to CF or maybe didn't even try it. At first i too was sad at not being able to play DM anymore but after playing CF, i didn't mind the change, i actually like it. I'm not saying CF is better than DM but im saying that CF itself is also as good as DM if not better in a different way. CF isnt to replace DM it is a card game for fun, anyways here's my review:

GamePlay (Mechanics):
Is completely different yet amzing new and fresh, using completely new gaming concepts. It is easy to get used to after playing DM but it is at the same time completely different. Firstly it greatly reduces the luck factor by removing shield triggers and giving a more technical approach through grid points and responcers.
the only thing that is luck based is drawing and that is something all card games have. It also has the interesting Cost reduction system which reduces the advantage of element splashing making the game balanced (interestingly order of summoning has become very important). The rune system also is unique and seems more balanced than the cross system where a cross was almost impossible to remove.

Elements:
Here things get interesting and complex. There are 8 elements and 4 quadrants and 4 of the elements exist in double quadrants allowing massive develpement of the game. Easily a quadrant can be given a certain speciallity such as power or skill or resource control allowing each element to have special roles and specialities. This game at this point becomes diverse than most games [in terms of elements] and although pokemon may be more varied in elements but still CF has the most unique element system.

Community and Developers:
Well Bell has always been supportive and helpful even in times of DM, but the community as a whole is amazing. Id select this community over any larger community any day. Despite it's size the community is extremely friendly, non-racial, and just what communities should be like.(I am in no way saying other communities are suckish all I'm saying is that this community is very nice ).

Improvements:
This game is after all developing so I'd love that it would remain unique in terms of game mechanics and not copy other games(ever). It lacks cards and also card types (like the constant new card types in DM such as vortex evolutions and psychic). Also i want this game to remain balanced and not favor one card type or one element. With time most of these things will not be an issue.

Many thanks to all those who helped make such an awesome game and i hope everyone at least tries a few duels before leaving.
Thanks for reading c:
[10:37] < ri> his name is gohar
[10:37] < ri> cause he go hard
[10:37] < ri> playing discard
[10:37] < ri> no holds barred
[10:37] < ri> got that killa deck
[10:37] < ri> ya'll hit the deck
[10:37] < ri> but before you check
[10:37] < ri> it's way too late
[10:37] < ri> you already lost, mate
(Neon)

Re: Game Review

Post by (Neon) »

actually i lik cf more thn Dm its awesome in my way bt Dm was also nt bad.... idk y many players didnt shift to cf gd knws wt they r thinking abt i also at ffst didint lik bt after playing.............i relize its nt tht bad :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Gohar

Post by Gohar »

Well i also like CF more, although honestly i miss evos not cuz of their power but cuz they were fun to use.
I think people just got pissed of at seeing that they cant play their favorite game on kp anymore cuz kp was the best place to play DM.
now its the best place to play CF (and the only one too XD) and its a game i shall make world famous :) insha Allah (If God wills).
(Neon)

Post by (Neon) »

Hope so u will do
Mikara

Post by Mikara »

I like your incite Gohar. I will point out on the point of 'card types' that dm as a physical card game is designed to be a bit gimmicky in order for people to buy more cards. They had a vested interest in you buying more packs, and also could afford to unbalance there game in the name of profit. We try to keep the game as balanced as we can and having a stable type of cards, while also making sure new cards we do release aren't either weaker than we have or stronger. I like a good gimmick as much as the next person, but we just have so many quality cards with awesome 'gimmicks' its hard to really want 'better' things.
dorphadios1

Post by dorphadios1 »

I wish if other players who left d game would have played with us.Then it would have been as fun as ever :(
Gohar

Post by Gohar »

I agree with you Dorphadios, I feel what you feel ;.;
and Mika I completely understand your point but we should and hopefully will have new game mechanics coming to spice and sizzle this game up while maintaining the much loved balance.
Also, I would like to know about any news regarding the possible story mode format for the game (the idea of having in-game money achieved by winning and good games through which card packs can be bought, etc) and also news about the physical gameplay.
Furthermore, when will set 5 be complete?
Lastly, just wanted to tell that I [severe emphasis]might[/severe emphasis] shift back to Canada for some reasons (I'm not telling :p, actually mostly educational purposes) then you can easily give me physical cards and lots of food and even meet me hopefully :) Then we shall continue making CF world-famous on a whole new level :)
Mikara

Post by Mikara »

As to story mode Gohar, I have mainly focused on making a narrative that allows 'story duels' to take place. I premake decks to match up with the bad guys you'll face and then sit around in lobby and chats until someone wants to duel. If they win they get a title they can put on and if they make it to the very end during the story even then they'll get a special star and title to match.

A game system like the one your talking about might be possible but it would be more roleplay oriented and would probably be heavily reliant on the forum and an agreed upon moderator. If your interested I'm sure I can figure out something like that if you want to make it a regular thing. We do have the kp pack system already after all.

As for set five completion the card concepts are made we just have been really busy with a slew of other project, but we will figure out time to code them soon hopefully. Nice to see you around, hope to see you during winter break!
Gohar

Post by Gohar »

So sis, this is pretty much just a desire (mainly with the intent of making things already there easier). We have the card pack system in chats.
It would be way more convenient, imo, to have it in the kp client as in the form of the 8 elements as heading with all the cards of each element you have and the number of copies you have in front. People each start with 0 ****(name of CF currency) and get money from duels they win (if a less experienced guy beats a more experienced guy, he gets more money, the experience level could be shown by some marker such as a colored star before the name with the color showing the player level).
There will be a card shop where they spend this money to get different card packs (the cards obtained would be random cards and there could be 5 card packs and 10 card packs).
Trades should be possible where people could exchange cards and money in multiple ways (e.g. I give a guy 210 CF money and a suna and get 3 Engorica, etc)
This is on my mind for now. Its like a CF "mmoocg" (massive multi-player online original card game).
Also I would like the table idea implemented.
I know both these ideas are time-taking and expensive, but well I'm just suggesting how to make our game world-famous, and things I'd like so we could decide if they are worth it and slowly start implementing them.
Sorry for the long post. Love you guys :)
ZeroVash

Post by ZeroVash »

In time we rebuild. This is however as Gohar mentioned the place i'll always call 'home'. Met many friends here, and i feel bad for not being around much.

That however will change in the future :)

For those that know me hello, and for those that don't Pleasure to meet you and may we meet in conflict! :)