See World

This where Advanced players can post decks for rating and fixing.
CrimsonBrawler

See World

Post by CrimsonBrawler »

Creatures (22 Water, 8 Earth, 30 Total):
3 x Meryl Maid --- [cost 1 Water]
4 x Orca Calf --- [cost 2 Water]
3 x Steady Roots --- [cost 2 Earth]
2 x Polyphonic Flo --- [cost 3 Water]
4 x Orca Sibling --- [cost 4 Water]
2 x Snipe Rammar --- [cost 4 Water]
3 x Mammoth Trumpeter --- [cost 4 Earth]
1 x Kafan Tara --- [cost 5 Water]
2 x Morning Glory --- [cost 5 Earth]
3 x Imperial Blue --- [cost 8 Water]
3 x Orca Matriarch --- [cost 8 Water]

Spells (2 Water, 1 Gravity, 3 Earth, 3 Wind, 9 Total):
2 x Slipstream --- [cost 1 Water]
3 x Air Cannon --- [cost 2 Wind]
2 x Antlion Trap --- [cost 2 Earth]
1 x From the Depths --- [cost 3 Gravity]
1 x Call To Arms --- [cost 3 Earth]

Runes (1 Water, 1 Total):
1 x Stealth Matrix --- [cost 2 Water]

Cost info:
1 : WW WW W
2 : CC CW WW WW EE EE E
3 : WW GE
4 : WW WW WW EE E
5 : WE E
6 :
7 :
8 : WW WW WW

Average cost = 3.55

Creatures / Spells / Runes: 30/9/1

0 Radiance, 3 Wind, 0 Ice, 25 Water, 1 Gravity, 11 Earth, 0 Fire, 0 Lightning

This is my latest deck and one I've highly enjoyed using. It's effectively and high tempo Assault that really takes off once the first Orca Matriarch or Imperial Blue enters the fray. With cheaper, stable, Water creatures providing very nice CR, the deck starts to roll right from turn 1 sometimes. As par the course with my decks, the deck can be a bit defensive in the sense that it can hold the line just long enough for me to pick a hole in my opponent's defense to get through with explosive power. It can flip on the dime.

Family Love:
4x Orca Calf
4x Orca Sibling
3x Orca Matriarch

The Orca side of the deck is where the main objective of the deck lies: Orca Matriarch aka Big Mama. She's very good at what she does in providing a very big body on the field at 9000 power and also effectively keeping my hand somewhat healthy by replacing herself with another Orca as she hits the field. The best thing though is that she can also fetch me a copy of a twin sister for me to use later. Chaining them together definitely puts my opponent in a tough spot because 9000 power is very very good in this game, so staring down 3 of them, potentially, is daunting. Being a Leader is good for her to provide me with some handy speed I can take advantage of at a moment's notice. But it doesn't end there! Calf and Sibling are the only two other Orcas available, but oh what a pair they make. Calf gives Sibling, or another Calf, blocker to give me some mobile blockers and survivability in a pinch. Sibling is a growing power hitter and makes a great early game progression with Calf because I would have 2 creatures out, one of which being a 6000 powered blocker. Calf is my primary, and ideal, bait to give Matriarch leader.

Water Utility Creatures:
3x Meryl Maid
2x Polyphonic Flo
2x Snipe Rammar
1x Kafan Tara
3x Imperial Blue

Orcas may be what the deck is build around, but it isn't the only thing the deck has that can make life difficult for my opponent. Maid and Flo also give me early blockers with Meryl most useful in getting the CR train rolling and Flo is very useful in setting up my plays for the future. For example, it allows me to get Imperial Blue into hand before I play Matriarch, saving me the ability to use Mammoth Trumpeter on another creature if it comes. It also allows me to string my CR along effectively without much interruption, hopefully.

Snipe Rammar is there for a bit of bounce to not put the entire load onto Imperial Blue and Air Cannon. Gives me some fluidity in my options while still giving me a creature body on the field.

The lone Kafan Tara is there because it goes very well with my mobile blockers. It allows Calf to turn Sibling (or another Calf) into a blocker and letting me attack with them and then ready for the next turn. It also gives my another creature to pressure my opponent because they have to deal with it or allow me to attack essentially without consequence. I love compounding pressure like that.

And last, but not least, is Imperial Blue, the king Whale himself. He serves a few purposes in this deck and can be used offensively in ridding the field of blockers to let me push for the win or getting rid of potential counterattackers, and defensively in delaying my opponent a turn or two to allow me to get my plan into action. No matter how I decide to use him, whenever he hits the field, chances are, in the words of Good Ol' JR: "Business is about to pick up!"

Earth Utility:
3x Steady Roots
3x Mammoth Trumpeter
2x Morning Glory

Earth serves a very small, but important, purpose in my deck: fueling the Water side to get the job done. Not often have I used Earth in a purely supportive purpose, but in See World here, it does its job in earnest. Roots allows me to get early, stable, and growing power to keep my opponent honest. Gives me a decent counterattacker in most scenarios and can make Mammoth Trumpeter cheaper for me. Speaking of Trumpeter, he's here solely to get me the right creature for the right situation (often times Imperial Blue, sometimes Meryl Maid, seldom anything else). It gives me utility in that Matriarch can only search other Orcas, so I figured I'd have something to get me anything outside of Orcas. Morning Glory sees use very rarely, but it has niches when it is useful. Being able to power up my Orcas to even more astounding power is handy, and can potentially allow my Calves to survive mass sweeping kills.

The Non-Creatures:
2x Slipstream
3x Air Cannon
2x Antlion Trap
1x From the Depths
1x Call to Arms
1x Stealth Matrix

Slipstream and Air Cannon were very easy choices to make for this deck. All good Assaults need Air Cannon due to functionality and versatility and Slipstream makes it so that I don't have to rely solely on Kafan Tara to give my creatures more survivability. In a similar vein, Call to Arms relieves Mammoth of some duty and makes it so that I can play the spell to grab something to play immediately with CR provided. Often times I don't have enough Earth creatures out to do that for Mammoth. Antlion Trap is a little more unorthodox, but it has been good enough for me to not get the boot yet. It gives me a bit of permanent kill and can help thwart some progressions that attempt to stop mine, which I don't like. And finally Stealth Matrix gives me just that bit more of an essential Assault element that gives blockers more of a middle finger. Between high power, bounce, readying effects, and also unblockability, I aim to not have blockers hinder me from smashing face.

Overall I am very satisfied with the deck. As a high tempo deck, it's my first one to have been so successful and I'm proud of it for that. Feel free to comment or offer card suggestions. Even though space is tight, I'm sure there is room for improvement.
Burner

Re: See World

Post by Burner »

Nice article, and you know what I said about the potential of this kind of deck.
Gohar

Post by Gohar »

Why not try ixthian for repeated selective card draw. Might be worth a try.
[10:37] < ri> his name is gohar
[10:37] < ri> cause he go hard
[10:37] < ri> playing discard
[10:37] < ri> no holds barred
[10:37] < ri> got that killa deck
[10:37] < ri> ya'll hit the deck
[10:37] < ri> but before you check
[10:37] < ri> it's way too late
[10:37] < ri> you already lost, mate
Mikara

Post by Mikara »

This deck has a fantastic "Family Friendly" environment, with multiple attractions spanning more than three elemental themes so everyone gets a little something. This park is a must see attraction when touring the Water Bear Federation.