Amaranthine

This where Advanced players can post decks for rating and fixing.
CrimsonBrawler

Amaranthine

Post by CrimsonBrawler »

1. Of, relating to, or resembling the amaranth.
2. Eternally beautiful and unfading; everlasting.
3. Deep purple-red.

Radiance: 7
x 4 - Crimson Diana, Eternal Queen
x 3 - Shine Missile

Fire: 18
x 4 - Phoenix Alicia
x 3 - Red Seeker
x 3 - Togami, the Hitman
x 2 - Surprise Kite
x 3 - Spotter Dragon
x 1 - Sables Duress
x 2 - Balamar, Ruler of the Skies

Earth: 8
x 3 - Steady Roots
x 3 - Mammoth Trumpeter
x 2 - Gaia Rumble

Spells: 6
x 2 - Full Sail
x 4 - Air Cannon

Runes: 1
x 1 - Stealth Matrix

Cost info:
1 : RR R
2 : CC CC WE EE FF FF FF F
3 : RR RR CC FF FF F
4 : EE EE EF FF
5 :
6 :
7 : F
8 : FF

Average cost = 3.025

Creatures / Spells / Runes: 33/6/1

7 Radiance, 6 Wind, 0 Ice, 1 Water, 0 Gravity, 8 Earth, 18 Fire, 0 Lightning

Here's my deck based on Crimson Diana, Eternal Queen. My take to recreate Divinity into Chaos Fractal. With the addition of set 2, the deck is definitely starting to take shape and resemble, and feel like Divinity did back in DM. The deck did have 4 Crimson Diana (naturally), but with the addition of set 2, and Balamar taking up the roll of unblockable (to a degree) beater/finisher, I felt I could drop Diana to 3 comfortably and have her still wreak havoc on things. I can also use Mammoth Trumpeter to get her for me at a moment's notice.

The only other Radiance creature present is Shine Missile who is quite the little bastard. It allows me to go turn 2 Diana if I have to do it and also can effectively disable 2 attacks by blocking and exhausting with its ability.

The fire portion of the deck is mostly mean to support Diana due to the Aztotl presence there in Phoenix Alicia and Togami, but should I not get either of them, I still have to do something right? Red Seeker replaces Hakkar because, while awesome, I'd rather completely destroy the blocker then just temporarily circumvent it. But I also have Stealth Matrix just in case I have to get around that extra blocker(s). Spotter Dragon grants me early power and progresses with Alicia or Seeker. He's nice to have around and I don't mind his consume effect. Sables is emergency use only/weenie blocker sweep. Sure, it's annoying that Sables can kill my own Diana, but in times where I NEED to summon Sables, Diana most likely isn't on the field anyways. Surprise Kite is Surprise Kite, it does what it does and it does it well.

Earth is present for steady power and a little bit of resource gain on the side. Steady Roots makes an awesome 2 drop if I have nothing else because people will try to swarm up and keep feeding Roots power. Gaia Rumble is the primary muscle creature of choice for the deck and he does his job of pressure and general badassery. Mammoth was mentioned above, but he's a solid addition for the deck.

Spell wise, I've been wiggling with other things such as Slipstream and Quickfire Sedative, but I think I found a lineup I can roll with comfortably. I went ahead and maxed out Air Cannon because I see nothing wrong with having 4 of them in this game. Full Sail is such an awesome spell. It essentially is a doppelganger attacker with Born Ready and can give me that one other attack I need to get over the hump and win the game. It can turn my 2 damage dealers into 4 damage dealers, which is never a bad thing.

As for the theme song, I found it after I came up with the new name and when I listened to it, I knew it was the right song. Don't believe me? Listen to it and listen to the lyrics and envision the woman as Phoenix Alicia and the guy with dreads as Togami and they are singing to Diana.

EDIT:
-1 Shine Missile
+1 Crimson Diana

[March 11]
-1 Gaia Rumble
+1 Spotter Dragon
Last edited by CrimsonBrawler on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:21 am, edited 8 times in total.
CrimsonBrawler

Re: Eternal Enchantment

Post by CrimsonBrawler »

Going to test Quickfire Sedative over Wormhole.
CrimsonBrawler

Post by CrimsonBrawler »

List updated.

-2x Ars
-2x Skylia
-2x Free From Oppression
+3x Surprise Kite
+1x Hakkar
+2x Spotter Dragon/Slipstream
ZeroVash

Post by ZeroVash »

I do wonder how Morning Glory would do in this.

Mirror matching this would be interesting to say the least and i finnally start to feel something about this build.

You dropped your chunky blocker body for more attacking pressure. Hows that working?

I do feel hoever that if the opponent has stalled enough not even your Gaia Rumble can stop them . And in that case is it safe relying on just 3 seeing the current meta is around blocker walls?

I see the advantage of running Quickfire Sedative over Wormhole. You might just need tap and bash. But seriously Wormhole gives you a nick advantege by chaining mammoth to it. Or that Sables.

I would even go crazy to say to replace it over Mark Arrow.

Either way the name should change D: but that can appear when you have more time :)
CrimsonBrawler

Post by CrimsonBrawler »

I haven't felt the need for Morning Glory because I typically don't have a Race centric field present, at least not for long.

Losing Skylia and Ars in favor of Hakkar and Surprise Kite has been working nicely and I don't feel bad about replacing them outright. Surprise has won me a couple games where that 1 extra attacker seals the deal.

The only real defensive blocker wall deck played against was Micky's and I lost due to a combination of luck (Game 1) and not really knowing how to approach it (Game 2). But Between Air Cannon. Quickfire, Hakkar, and general power, I should be able to overcome most blocker heavy things. But more time will tell.

I like Quickfire for the tap and bash and for the responcer. I tried Wormhole and wasn't that impressed with it here. I don't play Sables that often as it is, which is why I have 1 and can search it out when the opportunity comes. I plan to keep Mark Arrow in the deck for now.

And yeah, the name may change in the future, if something better comes along.
CrimsonBrawler

Re: My Amaranthine

Post by CrimsonBrawler »

Things I'm testing:

-2 Quickfire Sedative
+2 Full Sail

-2 Slipstream
+2 Energy Charge

-1 Mammoth
-1 Hakkar
-1 Surprise Kite
+2 Morning Glory
+1 Air Cannon

(Alternatively, I can drop the Energy Charge for 1 more Sables and 1 more Mammoth Trumpeter, but I'm saving that for if the current model works)

Hopefully this gets me closer to finding something I can settle on. So far Full Sail is working very nicely because it can potentially give me 1 more attack needed to win and it can turn my 2 damage dealers into 4 damage dealers which is unbelievably awesome. Between Full Sail and Bareknuckle Stimulant, I feel Full Sail applies more pressure, but I also may try it later because at the very least Bareknuckle prevents 2 Responcers against me if my opponent used all their tempo during their turn.

I've noticed my hand dwindles fast and Mammoth, even at 3, may not be enough to help me out. Energy, at 2 mana, can lead into a lot of combo plays and general hand buffing.

As cool as Quickfire Sedative is, I needed space to fit in things without dropping Diana to 3, which I'm not ready to do yet, so Quickfire it was. To counteract it's expulsion a bit, Air Cannon got buffed to 4.

Morning Glory is planned to give me a sense of permanent power to help against some things, along with powering up Togami and Gaia for their power damage limiters, but it remains to be seen if it's what I truly want/need in here.
ZeroVash

Post by ZeroVash »

Aww :) You forgot to say you changed the name. xD

I think you will like the Morning Glory :P Besides you progress into it . Steady Roots -> Mammoth -> Glory.

Full sail can be extremely devastating here (me shucks in fear) but i wonder if dropping the responcers was that wise.
CrimsonBrawler

Post by CrimsonBrawler »

Ah yeah, I did change the name from Eternal Enchantment

I only dropped 1 responcer and I don't think it will hurt me THAT much in the long run.

Yeah I can progress to Morning Glory and it doesn't hurt to at least try it for a while. It also gets powered up by Steady Roots being out itself. If it doesn't work I can just add the Hakkar and Kite.
CrimsonBrawler

Post by CrimsonBrawler »

Deck updated with set 2.
CrimsonBrawler

Post by CrimsonBrawler »

Been working with -1 Shine Missile +1 Crimson Diana and finally decided to make it official. It may seem like a small change, but it's significant in that it gives me 8 potential Born Ready creatures to keep the pressure on my opponent and having Shine out turn 1 isn't ALWAYS a necessity, but it is nice when it comes and 3 is a good number for something that fits that criteria.

Things I'd like to consider is Guardian Mezza (at least 2) because responcer Aztotls is plain fun, and getting Fair Wind back in here because in times where I have to play Sables, I'd like to retain my field, and it also helps give auto 2 damage to Togami and Gaia.