5 : WW GG GG GG FF
6 : GG

Average cost = 3.575

Creatures / Spells / Runes: 28/12/0

0 Radiance, 0 Wind, 0 Ice, 10 Water, 24 Gravity, 0 Earth, 6 Fire, 0 Lightning

Blockers: 15.000001% (6/40).
Responcers: 12.5% (5/40).
Unblockables: 5.0% (2/40).

This is a Mid-Game Disruption Deck that aims to disarm the opponent in many different ways to gain control before pushing for the final blow. I disrupt the opponent by utilizing Discard, Bounce and Destruction mechanics while I accordingly break grid for the win. Let's get right into it!

The Mechanism
4 x Montprier --- [cost 2 Water]
3 x Trumpeter Chantrelle --- [cost 3 Gravity]
2 x Pyne Ahpel --- [cost 3 Water]

1 x From the Depths --- [cost 3 Gravity]

Firstly, I use Montprier to stay ahead of the opponent while also staying even. Combining Montprier with Trumpeter Chantrelle, I can constantly disrupt and deplete the opponents resource while maintaining my own. This acts as the main Resource Engine of the deck but being a combo, where one relies on the other, it can be rather inconsistent at some times. Given that Montprier will also work when the opponent casts a spell, it can also serve different situations while still holding the core Resource Engine together. Pyne Ahpel acts as an Anytime Mulligan and can be used in many different ways which I'll keep as a secret for now, hehe. From the Depths, commonly referred to as FtD, has a rather obvious purpose that it serves against decks who want to hurt my friends. It can bring back my Blockers, Montprier, Krakens, Sentient Gorge, Burgundy Wail, etc. It just has so much potential that I've often contemplated bumping the number to two. These act as the working-parts of the deck, like the gears to a clock.

For Your Protection
4 x Ikoro --- [cost 2 Gravity]
2 x Kilijoa --- [cost 4 Water]

2 x Heat Fissure --- [cost 3 Fire]
2 x Steady Aim --- [cost 2 Fire]

I use a very low amount of Blockers, yet they are very effective at their jobs. Given that Ikoro can attack creatures, he serves a very well rounded purpose of maintaining field presence and keeping my creatures safe. His effect gives me just what I need to deal with Aggro and Beatsticks like Gaia Rumble, Togami, the Hitman, Dvoid and Jonas who pose many threats to my pressure. Kilijoa is the highly regarded for his potential to be a Two-for-One that I have also considered changing his numbers a alot. Being able to withstand Sables Duress and other conditional Ping Kill, he slows and disrupts the opponents flow, stops early attackers, surprise attacks and is just a very well rounded Blocker. Heat Fissure serves a very similar purpose to the Blockers and follows their ideology of stopping Blitz and Assualt as well as disrupting the opponents flow to cause their intentions to backfire. Heat Fissure being a Responcer just gives the surprise and threat of always being ready for anything. Now, Steady Aim felt rather difficult to classify into the defensive side since it always feels to be used aggressively. I tend to look at my defenses to be something that protects and keeps me safe and that is exactly what Steady Aim does for me. Being able to use it to snipe off important cards that like to sit behind Blockers, it throws the opponent off and makes them always act on their feet. Just like Heat Fissure.

The Artillery
2 x Burgundy Wail --- [cost 5 Fire]
3 x Sentient Gorge --- [cost 4 Gravity]

2 x Maelstrom --- [cost 5 Water]
3 x Impel End --- [cost 5 Gravity]

Now you think you brought your guns to the gun show? I'd have to say that mine look a lot bigger, hehe. Enough of that. Let us get into the cards!
Introducing Burgundy Wail, the mini-gun of destruction who will not only get rid of a swarm of creatures but also annoying things like Swift Peregrine, Red Seeker and Apprentice Warmage Spectra while only being able to target my Ghost Jellyfish. I choose Burgundy Wail instead of Sables Duress, because many of my cards are able to get hit by Sables Duess and he is too expensive since I do not have any other Fire Creatures. Sentient Gorge keeps the pressure up while being able to hit anything your opponent can choose as well as having decent power. Very versatile in his role of disrupting. Now I ask you, how could I have brought the Krakens and not invite the waters they reside in? Maelstrom brings a whole different level of versatility in one Spell since it is able to Bounce, Destroy and Discard all in one. Although rarely do I not choose the Bounce/Discard for its abilities to choose nearly unconditionally, also having the potential for the others is never overlooked or taken for granted. Impel End is the main antagonizer of the group since you may also choose nearly anything and has great potential for Cost Reduction. Having Impel End, Maelstrom and Sentient Gorge to deal with many threats no matter their power is why I favor them and consider them an integral part of the whole deck.

Snatch & Steal
3 x Ghost Jellyfish --- [cost 3 Gravity]
3 x Trumpeter Chantrelle --- [cost 3 Gravity]
3 x Kraken Brutalis --- [cost 5 Gravity]
2 x Kraken Eleganto --- [cost 6 Gravity]

2 x Memory Loss --- [cost 4 Gravity]

First off, I'd like to take the second to acknowledge that I have placed Trumpeter Chantrelle in two categories because as well as fueling the main Resource Engine he is a big part of the entirety of this category. Ghost Jellyfish being instantaneous and also a cost 3, he sits nicely next to Trumpeter Chantrelle as the main turn three fueling the cost reduction for the Krakens. Ghost Jellyfish can also be used later in the game to finish off the last of the opponents hand or combo nicely with Memory Loss. Memory Loss is a great tool to use at nearly anytime of the game because messing up the opponents plans is the whole idea here. Being able two send to existing cards while giving them another to either potentially discard with something else or get a free draw from Montprier, is always nearly worth it.

It is time relive every sailors nightmare with the Kraken Brutalis and Kraken Eleganto. They were the driving force that fueled the whole ideology of the deck since they achieve the goal of breaking grid while disrupting the opponent at the same time. They give the most field presence and pressure and tend to make the opponent act instantly to get rid of them or build a defense to stop an attack and stall. Being able to play either of them turn four with Cost Reduction, you can put the pressure early if it isn't risky enough. When you consider progressions with Ikoro into Ghost Jellyfish, you start to see that it all build up for the inevitable Krakens. You want to make sure your Krakens will survive when being played and disrupting until you know it is safe, is your best bet. Getting two of the Krakens out safely can be even more devestating than getting one out early. These guys are your best friends and you want to keep them protected! Now you may say to yourself, "hey, cap'n, Kraken Brutalis also discards me and I do not like that," but if you're putting on more pressure with your other cards, it will only get worse for your opponent with Kraken Brutalis out. A late-game attack from Kraken Brutalis usually means you are in control and either have no cards in your hand or you do not necessarily need them all to further push for a win. Sometimes it is just a risk you are willing to take and don't forget to also consider Pyne Aphel can swap out the cards you may discard with Kraken Brutalis! This just gives such a wild look at it all!

Well, that's all I got for now folks! See ya dueling!
Micky

Re: Rogue Unit Bravo

Post by Micky »

Love the deck! Great synergies!
Deified Cupcake

Re: Rogue Unit Bravo

Post by Deified Cupcake »

This is a really beautiful take on discard (didn't know about the montpier combo). Your deck explanation helped me a great deal understand your deck so thanks for that. The only card choice I'm skeptical of is Burgundy Wail. There are less than 45 true 1k creatures, some of them have the honor mechanic or benefit from being destroyed or put into the grave, and other still are those creatures which get effects which trigger when they break grid points, some like Tridacna are not truly destroyed, some like shinanigan are cip effects which primarily aid in cr and progression and are usually cheaper than 5 cost, so spending your turn 5 tempo just killing some usually inconsequential weenies, seeing as a lot of decks account for the fact that their 1ks are very vulnerable, doesn't sound like a good use of your deck space to me. Basically, a lot of stuff happens in between 1 to 5 tempo, and using all 5 tempo to kill some progressionally meddlesome instead of positionally meddlesome weenies sounds counterproductive. You probably would want to replace that slot if you do with something which does something similar in the cost range, but I can't really say what that should be. I suppose a cheap responser spell or anything else which kills more than just 1ks.